Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SecedeTX
Posts in topic: 3

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

Post by SecedeTX »

First off, I must disclose, I am in no way affiliated with Crossbreed, my wife ordered my holster for me, and I didn't even correspond with the company. I did get JUST what I asked for for Christmas tho.

In my first week of carrying my Kahr MK 9 Elite in this holster, this is easily my go to rig. Talk about comfortable. I love this thing.

Hats off to Crossbreed, great product.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

eureka40
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

Post by eureka40 »

:iagree:

I never leave home without it. It is a fantastic holster.
TSRA Life Memeber

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Katygunnut »

:iagree:

Did you get it with the combat cut?

I carry my G19 in this holster and the overall experience is 100% better after I cut the leather down. I can actually get my hand on the weapon to draw it with ease instead of trying to wedge my fingers between the grip and the leather.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Wonderful holster. The more you wear it, the better it feels.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

Heard nothing but good things about them. Wish there was a place I could fondle one and try it on before ordering one.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

wally775

Post by wally775 »

XinTX wrote
Heard nothing but good things about them. Wish there was a place I could fondle one and try it on before ordering one
You might try The Arms Room.

Coming back from Galveston last week I stopped in The Arms Room just to check it out.
Only had about ten minutes as the wife was waiting in the car.

They had some crossbred holsters in stock.
Did not pay close attention but they had several types.

:tiphat:

81aggie

Post by 81aggie »

I've got two, one for a compact 1911 and one for my SR9c. No complaints about either, very comfortable and can wear them all day no problem.

bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

I've been to the Arms Room probably a dozen or so times, and never recall seeing a crossbreed holster. Not saying they dont have them, but I dont recall seeing them, and I looked at everything they had trying my hardest to find anything left handed for my particular handgun.

That being said, I, too, love my supertuck deluxe. I ordered mine with the horse hide for my 1911. When I sold the 1911, I re-molded the kydex on it to fit my XD40SC using a heat gun and a piece of high density foam for a press. I put it on before I leave the house, and it doesnt come off until I am ready for bed. I would have never in my life thought a holster inside my pants could be this comfortable. I wear it at 9:00 (lefty), and I have forgotten it was there before.

Topic author
SecedeTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SecedeTX »

I got the horsehide and did not get the combat cut. I wanted leather between me and the gun for HOT Houston days. I figured if I ever wanted the combat cut, I could cut it down myself.

Compared to my Fobus paddle holster, this is a night and day difference.
"Do or Do Not, there is no try" -- Yoda

bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

I got the combat cut on mine, and ended up trimming even more off of it. I trimmed it to just above the back of the slide, and it is perfect now. Just enough material to keep the gun from digging in to my side.

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

bigred90gt wrote:I got the combat cut on mine, and ended up trimming even more off of it. I trimmed it to just above the back of the slide, and it is perfect now. Just enough material to keep the gun from digging in to my side.
I cut mine down myself, but I need to trim a little more off it. My thumb needs to readjust slightly as-is when I take it from the holster. Probably need to carve another 1/8 inch off, but I have it about the same as you do as far as length. Just covers the back of the slide and keeps the gun from contacting skin at all.

An undershirt works wonders for hot Houston days and is essential whether you have the combat cut or not. I took my G26 to Kemah boardwalk in the stock Crosssbreed (pre-cut) with no undershirt. The slide was very discolored when I was done for the day. Of course, being a Glock, I didn't worry about that too much.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Here's my DIY combat cut...

Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

bigred90gt wrote:I've been to the Arms Room probably a dozen or so times, and never recall seeing a crossbreed holster. Not saying they dont have them, but I dont recall seeing them, and I looked at everything they had trying my hardest to find anything left handed for my particular handgun.
Same here. Been there a bunch (three times in the last week and a half) and haven't seen one.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

wally775

Post by wally775 »

My apologies.

As I said it was a very fast perusal of The Arms Room. Upon reflection it was probably
the Comp-Tac holsters.

My bad mind isn’t what the good one used to be. :???:

AddyLO

Post by AddyLO »

Congrats on getting a great holster! And you're correct about that horsehide in the heat. I carried mine throughout the summer and was very pleased with it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”