Cold Country

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Mastodon
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cold Country

Post by Mastodon »

galvestonredneck wrote:
NavAir wrote:I think you'll find the operational characteristics of the M-16 indicate that a bullet will decelerate as much as 40 feet per second per second faster in these climate conditions. It's denser air, you know.
Let me tell you something. I would give up those 40 feet per second speeds in a heartbeat to have the winter weather where YOU are--LOL I also haven't seen a girl in a "bathing suit" since I got here!

People keep inviting m ICE Fishing! Grumpy old men, now that is a movie I can RELATE to--LOL

Galveston Redneck (ONE COLD TEXAN)

BTW: It turned out not to be a problem; it only got down to -6 degress last night and today it got all the way up to 3 degrees before it started droping again--LOL

South De-COLD-Da where you plug in your car AND your Pistol--LOL
Brother, come on home.
:shock:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Mastodon wrote:
galvestonredneck wrote:
NavAir wrote:I think you'll find the operational characteristics of the M-16 indicate that a bullet will decelerate as much as 40 feet per second per second faster in these climate conditions. It's denser air, you know.
Let me tell you something. I would give up those 40 feet per second speeds in a heartbeat to have the winter weather where YOU are--LOL I also haven't seen a girl in a "bathing suit" since I got here!

People keep inviting m ICE Fishing! Grumpy old men, now that is a movie I can RELATE to--LOL

Galveston Redneck (ONE COLD TEXAN)

BTW: It turned out not to be a problem; it only got down to -6 degress last night and today it got all the way up to 3 degrees before it started droping again--LOL

South De-COLD-Da where you plug in your car AND your Pistol--LOL
Brother, come on home.
:shock:
Yeah, if you hurry, you'll be here in time to enjoy the 187°summer in Texas.

Topic author
galvestonredneck
Posts in topic: 5

Post by galvestonredneck »

Well now, Don't think I havn't though of that. I have to travel to Sioux Falls (largest city in SD, 50 mils south) quite a bit; every time I do, I think, I am 50 miles closer to Texas, do I keep going--LOL

The fact is the town where I live is a wonderful town. It is like being in the twilight zone here. There is almost no crime. The kids are mostly farmers kids and arn't covered with tat's and nose rings. I have yet to in a place here that raised the hair on the back of my neck. The gun laws are even better than Texas and the town is much like the South was 30 or 40 years ago.

Much to my suprise, the people here like Texans and I have started a good business (had to, no place else to work in my field). Except for the winter, this is a wonderful place!

After much study on the matter, I found that a combination of Crown Royal and Sprite makes the winter here a LOT better--LOL

I complain, but the truth is, I doubt I will ever move back to Texas.

Galveston Redneck (The Cold Texan)
Galveston Redneck
One COLD Texan

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

galvestonredneck wrote:Well now, Don't think I havn't though of that. I have to travel to Sioux Falls (largest city in SD, 50 mils south) quite a bit; every time I do, I think, I am 50 miles closer to Texas, do I keep going--LOL

The fact is the town where I live is a wonderful town. It is like being in the twilight zone here. There is almost no crime. The kids are mostly farmers kids and arn't covered with tat's and nose rings. I have yet to in a place here that raised the hair on the back of my neck. The gun laws are even better than Texas and the town is much like the South was 30 or 40 years ago.

Much to my suprise, the people here like Texans and I have started a good business (had to, no place else to work in my field). Except for the winter, this is a wonderful place!

After much study on the matter, I found that a combination of Crown Royal and Sprite makes the winter here a LOT better--LOL

I complain, but the truth is, I doubt I will ever move back to Texas.

Other than the absolute fact that you're ruining both Crown Royal and/or Sprite by mixin' them together, I can't fault your thinkin'. Crown Royal is better sipped...off of the rocks in summer and neat in the winter.

Good luck and God Bless.

Mastodon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mastodon »

Yeah, good luck up there. The Dakotas and much of Minnesota have good folks; as you described.

All the best. Glad you are hanging around here. :tiphat:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
galvestonredneck
Posts in topic: 5

Post by galvestonredneck »

Mastodon wrote:Yeah, good luck up there. The Dakotas and much of Minnesota have good folks; as you described.

All the best. Glad you are hanging around here. :tiphat:
Thank You fine sir! The people who live up here are "different", but in generl very GOOD people. Great work ethic.

I love reading the Texas CHL for the PASION I can't get in these Cold Regions--LOL A arm waving, pasionate conversation about anything almost never takes place. Spicy food is had to come by also (but I make my own)--LOL

I rarly post anything but I "lurk" all the time, I also keep up with the Galveston paper online and send in a article once in a while.

I love the South, I was raised there and raised my kids there, but you have to admit, it ain't the place it was when we were kids.

Galveston Redneck
One COLD Texan

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”