Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
jamisjockey
Posts in topic: 1

Great day at the Forum shoot!

Post by jamisjockey »

Wow great day today!
Very professional and friendly group of shooters. I only saw one unsafe situation during the day, and pointed it out to an RO who corrected it.
Met lots of great people. Shot alot, especially at the Star. Highs and lows on that thing, it will make you feel great, or make you feel like a chump. I defintely shot better on the star in the morning than the afternoon. Threw about 300 rounds of .45ACP at it, and another 60 or so of .38 special. Yeah, double action revolver on the star is like being kicked in the head by a donkey.
I took the speed reloading clinic in the morning. Great class. Bailed on the afternoon class and came home about 4.

Video...click on it

:anamatedbanana

Any other videos of me shooting the star are FAKES!

FAKES I TELL YOU!

:biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Great day at the Forum shoot!

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It was a great day. Kudos to Charles and all the PSC staff who so patiently expertly taught us. One of the big takeaways from the "Cover and Concealment" clinic: Safety Rule #1 - Don't Shoot Danny. :mrgreen:

I had a great time, and just as importantly, so did my wife. She had fun. And now she want's to learn more and practice more and get better at shooting; and she wants to start carrying on her hip instead of in her purse. I couldn't have asked for a better result.

But the best, is it usually does, came last. We met 5 other board members for dinner at Joe's BBQ tonight and just had a great time visiting and enjoying one another's company.

So now we're back at the hotel, winding down. Tomorrow we make the long drive back to Grapevine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OldSchool

Post by OldSchool »

Have a safe trip, from both of us! :tiphat:

ETA: PS: We didn't shoot Danny, either! He had the drop on us at all times.... :biggrinjester:
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

FL450

Post by FL450 »

Sorry I missed it, I was signed up and the boss called me to fly so I sent a friend in my place. He had a great time and is now signed up for Charles next CHL class and is joining PSC.
Sad thing is I was at the airport preflighting the plane when he canceled.
Kind of spoiled the whole day but I did get some quality time with Mrs FL450. I will try for the next one.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

jgedmond

Post by jgedmond »

+1 on the safe travels back home

it was a pleasure to meet you in person and work on retention shooting skills with a fellow southpaw
Jim

NRA, TSRA, SAF Life Member, PSC Shooting Club

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Kudos all around to the staff and attendees as well. Very enjoyable day! Enjoyed meeting many people, and I am TERRIBLE with names, so forgive me. I spent several classes with the "The Annoyed Ma'am" and a few other delightful ladies learning and reinforcing some previously acquired knowledge. Russ and I are both greatful for the opportunity to attend Mr. Cotton's seminar on self defense - very informative.

CompVest's Ladies class on drills and skills was a great group of gals and I was so excited to put many more rounds through Lady Liberty and practice with a safety and slide lock reloads for the first time! I also got to handle and get a better idea about several carry holsters - being a tactile learner this was a major bonus!

Neither Russ nor I shot Danny either! :mrgreen: but did get to shoot from kneeling behind concealment and practice those types of drills as well!

If I have any regrets it is just that I missed meeting a few names I wanted to put faces with, and that I got in a rush and spilled about 150 rounds of ammo getting ready to load up for the star and by the time I got is all picked up Russ invited me to an opening in the cover and concealment class. Even with a kind gentleman coming to help me gather all the shiney 9mm..... I didn't get to shoot the star at all or the plates... never even found the plate rack.... and I let the guys doing a great job at the star intimidate me into waiting until "after my class"... oh well, I saved on ammo and got to squeeze in another clinic :smile:

Lunch was marvy and the company was great!

Thanks everyone!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

TAM, it was very nice to meet you in person. I'm sorry I had to cut out after the morning sessions :-(

Charles' Friday seminar was FANTASTIC. I'd go again in a heartbeat. Think I even convinced my wife to come next time.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

The Annoyed Man

jgedmond wrote:+1 on the safe travels back home

it was a pleasure to meet you in person and work on retention shooting skills with a fellow southpaw
Likewise. I will definitely do this again next year.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

RHENRIKSEN wrote:TAM, it was very nice to meet you in person. I'm sorry I had to cut out after the morning sessions :-(

Charles' Friday seminar was FANTASTIC. I'd go again in a heartbeat. Think I even convinced my wife to come next time.
I enjoyed meeting you too. It's too bad you had to leave.

#TINVOWOOT

USA1

Post by USA1 »

It was a wonderful day. I met so many new people and got to see familiar faces as well....too numerous to list.

Met the legendary Annoyed Man and Woman.
I have to say, the Annoyed Woman should be called "The Delightful Woman". ;-)
I was also able to feel how heavy a thousand rounds of .45 felt...Thanks TAM, I think I pulled a muscle. :lol:

The Texas Stars are awesome! Between shooting that and the steel plate racks, paper targets just won't cut it anymore.

Thanks to Mr.Cotton and all of the staff involved for making this a safe and enjoyable event. :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

RiverCity.45

Post by RiverCity.45 »

*Sigh* I really wanted to attend, but had to work this weekend. :waiting:
There's always next year....
9/21/09 - Received license
"Nothing is so dangerous as an idea when it is the only one you have." - Emile Chartier

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Me too. :cryin
Missed all of yall.
Next yr. :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

WOW we had a BLAST (and that means between the 2 of us we ran through A LOT of ammo) yesterday!

The whole event was so well managed! The registration was seamless, the safety checks were greatly apprecated, the sessions and instructors were GREAT and the food was yummy!

THANK YOU TO ALL who were involved with organizing this! It keeps getting better every year!

Thanks especially to Gary, Gregg, Steve & Donna who's classes I attended. I LEARNED a lot and have a lot more knowlege to work with! I can't wait till April!
Last edited by MrsFosforos on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hangfour

Post by hangfour »

BIG Thanks to all those who put on the event. It was very well organized and the classes were spectacular especially since I'm pretty new to CHL. I attended several of the seminars (quite informative) and did the moving targets class. I was so pumped up from that excellent class that I was most alert for the long drive back to Austin. Nice to meet so many of you personally. I can't wait for next year. THANKS AGAIN!
There is an afterlife - what we do here matters!
Kahr pm9 (mama-bear)
Kimber pro CDP II (papa-bear)
S&W 38 special airweight (baby-bear)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”