Daily 45 ACP Carry queston?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
HarleyDave
Posts in topic: 4

Daily 45 ACP Carry queston?

Post by HarleyDave »

Who carries a 45 acp for their daily carry, if so, what is make and model. Wanting suggestions of what 45 to carry daily carry. As always, thanks for your suggestions. :???:
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10
His Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 1911 3", Sig P238, KAHR P380, Bond Arms Snake Slayer
Her Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 9 XD SC, Sig P238 {Liberty}

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Daily 45 ACP Carry queston?

Post by G.A. Heath »

My normal primary carry is a Kimber Pro Covert II. If I'm not carrying it then its either a Rock Island Armory compact Tactical or a Kimber Custom TLE II. If for some reason I'm not carrying one of those three I will most likely be carrying an XDm in either .40 or .45. So in essence four out of five of the guns I'm likely to carry as my primary are chambered in .45 ACP.

My suggestion is simply find a reliable gun you like and can shoot well then buy it, break it in, and carry it in a good high quality holster. Caliber is secondary to shot placement. As far as guns I have no problem recommending goes I feel comfortable recommending people consider products from Sig, Kimber, Rock Island Armory, Springfield Armory, STI, Glock, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, H&K, ect. If you will notice there is a pattern to those, they are all companies that have reputations for building quality products. Now I will admit some are a bit more costly than others, but after they are broken in and are properly maintained they will work.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

M&P full-sized .45 in a TT Gunleather IWB holster with a spare mag on the weak side.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

My current daily carry is a Kimber Ultra CDP II (3" barrel). Around here, it's known as my "purdy gun".

I also have a Rock Island compact (3.5" barrel). The only thing it really gives up to the Kimber is weight, sights, and fit & finish. I plan to put it in the rotation as soon as I put some night sights on it.

The Kimber cost 2-1/2 times as much as the Rock. For function and reiliability, there is no difference that I have found.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Getting a lot of 1911 recommendations here. And with good reason.
The 1911 is so easy to carry due to the slim design. Even the full
size Government model can conceal nicely with a good holster and belt.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

68Charger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 68Charger »

I carry my Kimber Stainless II. It's a full size, but conceals really well. I'm planning on carrying my S&W1911 but breaking it in first. Going to go for a Springfield GI compact when I get enough or a Rock Island compact. The 1911 is a very slim design and even with a government model I can still conceal it oh so well.
We don't need no stinking badges!

dewayneward

Post by dewayneward »

add me to the list of daily 1911 RIA carry. Its the only way to go :-)
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special 5"

Chas.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Everyday - Springfield Armory 1911. As USA1 pointed out the 1911 is very easily concealed and is a great gun. I carry a full size ,5 inch, in a Galco Combat Master belt holster (OWB) and can conceal it with just a T-shirt.

Somedays - Springfield XD .45

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Where's all the Glock love here :lol:: ...

My daily carry is a Glock 30sf daily in a DeSantis OWB holster. I have a good gun belt, a must, and my typical work day is around 12 hours long. Very doable with the right equipment.
Jim
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

Keith

Post by Keith »

I carry Kimber CDP Pro 2. It's a 4 inch 45 1911. I also carry a XD in 45 and a Glock 20/ Kimber Eclipse both in 10mm. The reason I say that is because the 2 10mm are the same size they would be If they were in45. Hands down the 1911s are the easiest to conceal and carry. I've tried about 10 diff holsters and the 1911s are allways more comfortable. Good Luck!
When the bullet leaves
You can't bring it back

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Springfield GI series PW9151LP (basic no frills 5" 1911) in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe. It's actually comfortable to carry, I do not even notice it being there. I also carry two spare magazines with me. I normally wear cargo shorts so I drop the extra mags in my pockets. Not the preferred way to carry spare mags, but at least I have them if needed. I bought a basic 1911 since it was cheap and so I can play with it and make the few mods I might want. Most stuff that comes on the 1911's are not needed anyway. At 8 yards and good carry ammo if I do my part I can place all my rounds within 7/8", that's all I need in a carry gun. Of course, when funds allow I will upgrade to a nicer 1911, but I probably will not carry it daily. I do not worry about this cheap 1911 being stolen when I have to leave it in my truck while I'm at work. I also do not have to worry about it getting some scratches and wear marks from daily carry.

Topic author
HarleyDave
Posts in topic: 4

Post by HarleyDave »

Thanks to all who responded. I've shot a Kimber just yesterday and actually shot better with it than my Glock or Springfield XD9sc so enjoying it that much I thought I'd look into the 45 caliber. But again, thanks this site always provides great information to us newbie's.
CHL Class 10/8/10,
LICENSE n Hand 11/12/10
His Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 1911 3", Sig P238, KAHR P380, Bond Arms Snake Slayer
Her Firearms - Glock19, Springfield 9 XD SC, Sig P238 {Liberty}

b322da

Post by b322da »

Springfield GI compact.

Elmo

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”