.40 cal Budget Question

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Munk
Posts in topic: 3

Re: .40 cal Budget Question

Post by Munk »

:iagree: Thanks everyone. I am going to put my Glock 23 in his hands and I'm sure that will be the end of his search.
III%

RECIT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RECIT »

Yeah used Glocks are the way to go on a budget. I would stay away from the S&W Sigma series personally. Yes they are cheap...but usually things are cheap for a reason. On the other hand other items are expensive for no reason other than a name. I would say used XD, used Glock, or used M&P. All have similar features and are fantastic weapons.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

XD Sub Compact at Academy for $499 , I hear they can be had cheaper.

Backslider

Post by Backslider »

austinrealtor wrote:Cop trade in Glock 22 at GT Distributors in Austin for $285 + tax
(also if you check in with them regularly, they often get Glock 23 trade-ins for aboout $300-$325

two boxes (40 rounds) of Winchester Bonded PDX ammo from Wal Mart ~ $20 each
then as many 50-round boxes of Federal FMJ at $13.47 each as he can afford
I'll file that under "things I didn't need to know." I need a beater gun.
If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Munk wrote:My Father in Law is planning on purchasing his first carry weapon. While I do have him talked into a .40 cal (or greater) he is still on a budget. He doesn't want to spend more than $480.00. I know there are plenty of choices that fall into that category but I'd be interested in hearing what some of your thoughts are and why. He has looked at the Taurus Slim and likes the way it feels but hasn't shot it yet and I have no history with Taurus. What about the Millenium Pro in .45?

Any help in helping me help him help himself would be great! :lol::
ok, I'm a big Glock fan, so here's what he can do to get a new one CHEAP...

Join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation for $35 for just on year. (http://www.gssfonline.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

When membership comes, visit a participating Glock dealer (you can call GSSF and they will tell you). Show them your card and they will sell you one Glock pistol at the GSSF price (for a Glock 23 right now, I think that's $397).

Presto! Inexpensive (and reliable) Glock!
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”