Taurus 709 slim holster

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ransom82
Posts in topic: 1

Taurus 709 slim holster

Post by ransom82 »

Hey everyone, I just bought my first pistol using my CHL today at the Saxet gun show in Robstown, Tx. I actually left thinking i was going to buy a kel-tec pf-9 but when i held one i thought it was really cheap. I accidentally spotted a Taurus 709 slim at the end of the table. This gun felt awesome in my hand. After a few minutes of checking it out and racking the slide, i decided it was goin home with me. I put 50 rounds through it today and wow, what an easy gun to shoot. Even though it has a fairly small frame and i have fairly large hands, it was easy to grip and easy to sight. Anyways, being new to concealed carry, this is my carry weapon.

SO, does anyone have a good suggestion for a holster for this gun. :patriot:
July 10, 2010 - CHL course
July 12, 2010 - mailed packet
July 16, 2010 - packet returned for address mistake
July 29, 2010 - waiting on background check
August 6, 2010 - background check complete WOOHOO
August 11, 2010 - CHL MAILED!!! alright alright
August 13, 2010 Plastic in hand!

G.A. Heath

Re: Taurus 709 slim holster

Post by G.A. Heath »

I had a Crossbreed mini-tuck holster for mine, however a lady I know also got one about two days before her plastic came in so I gave her my holster as I have other guns I am more comfortable with. I liked it a lot, but I prefer something in .45 so my super tuck deluxe and Kimber have returned to daily carry.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Tireshred

Re: Taurus 709 slim holster

Post by Tireshred »

I have a 709 and found that the Fobus paddle holster for a GLock 19 fits it very well and is what I use when I carry it. I had to buy an additional hoslter since my wife carries her Glock 19 in it too :lol:
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”