Thoughts on Carrying after 3 weeks.. Man I need Bigger Pants

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

40FIVER
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 40FIVER »

I wear the carhart relaxed fit everyday. I carry a 1911 IWB around 4 to 4:30 and have had to have one loop moved on 2 pair that I bought. I try on rigged up in the dressing closet. One other thing, one size larger works for me and carharts.

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cosmo 9 »

carlson1 wrote: Cosmo that Springfield is going to be to large for you, so I can pick it up anytime!
You will have to take it from my baby boy 6'3" 220 and he likes it alot :lol:
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Johnny
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Johnny »

I didnt know about the 'fatboy' wranglers.
Check Target. I found 3 pairs on the clearance rack for $10 apiece. They're Wrangler Five Star Relaxed Fit.

DaveT, yeah, "fatboy" refers to "relaxed fit." Since they're measured from the hip, they have a higher, looser rise, so you can use a smartcarry holster and actually sit down.

graysoncountyffl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by graysoncountyffl »

I didnt know about the 'fatboy' wranglers.
Check Target. I found 3 pairs on the clearance rack for $10 apiece. They're Wrangler Five Star Relaxed Fit.

I wear the carhart relaxed fit everyday
Thanks!
I hope to check these out this week.
$10 xfers
$5 for CHL

graysoncountyffl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by graysoncountyffl »

just an update:
I didnt have time to get by target to look at the sale rack, but Gander Mt has carhart, dickie, wrangler and guide series pants in relaxed fit. I tried on carhart and the dickies, and both will work better than regular fit jeans. I like the carhart the best.
If your jeans are not comfortable with carry, you should check these out.
$10 xfers
$5 for CHL

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

not me

Post by Rex B »

I tried IWB with several rigs, and I just ain't shaped right. I'm 6'3" and 195, and lately most of my excess weight is right in the middle. and no butt.
Best thing that works for me is a small pistol in Cargo-type shorts. I'll go the long pants now that it's getting cooler.
But I can't find a comfortable way to carry a bigger gun. So far I'm just carrying a P32 in a pocket holster. That looks like a wallet even in a pair of Dockers, which is what I wear at work. In the Cargo pockets, the bare gun does not print because there are 2 or more thicknesses of pocket material covering it.
When it get cooler I'll start carrying a KelTec P11. I may try IWB again then.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”