PPS failure :-(((

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 2

Re: PPS failure :-(((

Post by kalipsocs »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RHENRIKSEN wrote:Are you sure about S&W owning Walther? I know that they're the US *importer*, but I've never heard of an ownership relationship.
I could be wrong about that. I'm just repeating what I've heard. But when you look at both their websites, it is pretty obvious there is a business relationship there.
I am not sure of ownership, but I can say with certainty that Smith and Wesson handles all Walther repairs in the US. My P99 also recently failed (and I also sung the praises of it) and in my box I havent looked through in years I saw a bright yellow card that said after a certain date to send it to S&Ws repair center. Also, the barrel and frame are stamped with the famous "eagle over N" stamp that shows its true german production, but on the slide it says in big bold stamped letters Smith and Wesson/Springfield, Mass. I found it odd back then, and still kind of do wonder how their relationship works, but given the SW99 and P99 are exactly the same minus some different contours I'd say its more than a light partnership!

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PPS failure :-(((

Post by OldCannon »

RHENRIKSEN wrote: I was told: a) it's not a common problem they see, b) there's nothing I need to worry about doing differently to avoid the problem in the future. For what it's worth.

RNH
Isn't that what Toyota also told their customers? :smilelol5:

I'm going to have to monitor this more...I was thinking of getting a PPS in .40 as my carry, but this makes me nervous.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”