Bond Arms Ranger 45/410 2-shot

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
freedomgirl
Posts in topic: 2

Bond Arms Ranger 45/410 2-shot

Post by freedomgirl »

Is there any reason for me not to buy this gun? I think it might be easier to conceal it rather than my Kimber. If anyone has advice on this I'd appreciate it.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bond Arms Ranger 45/410 2-shot

Post by Mike1951 »

Buy it because it's fun. Buy it as something for snakes when you go fishing or camping. Buy it cause you want it.

But do not buy it as a primary carry. It's not even a good choice for secondary or tertiary carry.

It's single action with the hammer taking great effort to cock. Then you've got manipulate a cross bolt safety.

BTW, I have the Century 2000 model.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

joe817

Post by joe817 »

:iagree: with Mike. It'd be ok for camping and fishing but a poor choice for personal defense. Manual hammer has to be engaged, and THEN you have only 1 shot of .45 and 1 shot of .410. It could leave you woefully inadequate when your life depended on your carry gun.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
freedomgirl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by freedomgirl »

OK! I guess I need to keep working on my quick-draw with my current gun. Thanks so much.

karder

Post by karder »

I really like these derringers, but I have to agree with Mike1951. They are way cool, but there are a lot better CC options. I was toying around with the idea of carrying one as a BUG, but there a lot of better options even for a secondary weapon. I really don't see them as a reasonable primary carry option. They just give you two shots, and while it will be a lot easier to conceal than your Kimber, you are giving up too much firepower. But in answer to your question, there is no reason not to buy it. I think they are beautiful pieces, and would be a great addition to your collection!
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

That thing is huge,especially for only 2 shots. My Llama .380 is smaller and holds 7. Heck, I think my Kimber UC .45 isnt really any bigger and is 8 shots of JHP.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”