Need Suggestion

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stash
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Need Suggestion

Post by stash »

koolaid - Thanks for the info. That 14 in. thing did not sound right to me. It must have the flash hider permanently affixed to make the 16 inches.

Recit - Thanks for the info on the CX4. Looks like I will be looking at this one seriously. I don't have any 9mm stuff so I will be looking at the 45. I will check Buds Gun Shop although don't like to buy guns on internet. Probably will be cheaper then Cabela's.
TSRA
NRA
TFC
USMC 1961-1966

RECIT
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RECIT »

I'm not partial to buying guns online either, but from what I have read about their sales policies and customer service they are top notch.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

mymojo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mymojo »

Out of curiousity, why is the AK not an option?

They are solid, reliable rifles that are easy to maintain and a heck of a lot of fun to shoot - and the ammo is about 1/2 what it will cost you to feed an AR. (No, before yall start, Im not knocking ARs. I own one of them too.)

And, IMO, 30-30's arent as much fun to shoot. I can shoot my AK or AR all afternoon. The recoil from the lever action Marlins & WInchesters I've fired limits how many rounds I fire before it ceases to be fun.

YMMV.
"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

RECIT
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RECIT »

I second the AK for fun and affordability. You can buy an AK and case of 1000rds for the same price as a CX4 with no ammo. The rounds is good for takedown as far as protection or even a hog gun. But like stated above they are a hoot to shoot. I also have an AR15 and an AR10 but love my AK. It WILL remain my go to gun until I acquire my SOCOM16 down the road. Don't knock the AK till ya try it if you are looking at lever guns or even the CX4. Sorry to complicate things again but darn they are fun and cheap to shoot.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

Well, I was going to suggest the Henry, like I have, but I see that they are now $900. When I got mine it was only about $525.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”