Anyone using a small Kimber for daily carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ChuckW
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anyone using a small Kimber for daily carry

Post by ChuckW »

Wow, I am impressed with the number of rapid responses to my question regarding carrying a small Kimber! There are obviously a bunch of you out there in the TexasCHL community.

Thanks all for the helpful and informative replies!

With regard to my comment about the high cost of a Kimber, I was just reflecting a comment often seen in many reviews about Kimber handguns. I do believe, and indeed many reviewers point out, that you are getting something for the extra dollars paid versus the competition. It is nice to have that confirmed though by regular users on this forum.

Chuck

TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

My daily carry is a Kimber Ultra CDP II in a VM2 IWB holster carried at 3:00 sharp. I bought it for around $800 from another member on this board a couple years ago and love that gun. It's been my ever-present comfort on a daily basis.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'8" and weigh about 150 pounds. I have never had any trouble concealing this gun.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

I have an Ultra Carry II with night sights and CT Lasergrips. I have added a few Wilson Combat goodies like extended slide catch and tactical safety and a mag well. The gun carries great. I will be the one to go against the grain and say that even though mine has been worked on, it still occasionally fails to go to battery. I love carrying the gun but there is that nagging in the back of my mind that it may not work when I need it to.

BUT, since I picked up my new Kahr PM45 last night, after I run a couple hundred through it for break in, I will probably get around to sending it back to Kimber for a tune up. I've read that once you send it to Kimber it will work when you get it back.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Another happy Kimber Ultra II Eclipse , carrier here. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. It took around five hundred rounds to get her dependable but it has since fired at least 500 more rounds with no mishaps. It is stainless and rather heavy which helps with recoil. I have no problems with it but have had more than a couple guys hand it back after firing a few rounds and tell me she kicks too much. I guess it is just a personal preference.

TxDrifter

Post by TxDrifter »

I have Kimber UCII in SS using a Milt Sparks VMII. I love it. Several said I couldn't conceal a .45. Well... It is usually there and nobody notices. :cool: I love it. It only had a few problems in the first 25 rounds. After that, no problems.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

wolvie1892

Post by wolvie1892 »

I carry a Kimber Compact Stainless w/ low profile novak night sights as my primary carry 10 out of 12 months of the year. Bought it for 825.00 brand new and spent 150.00 on the sights. I have to say that it has been one of the best ccw I have carried.
"History is a record of unjustified suffering, irreparable loss, tragedy without catharsis. It's a gorgon; stare at it too long and it turns you to stone."

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”