Protected by the Castle Law, Intruders Will Be Shot (sign)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Would you post this sign in your yard, on your front door, fence, gate, window, etc?

YES I'd post the sign!!
11%
NO I'd never post the sign!!
74%
I dunno, not sure it's a good or bad idea...
15%

Total votes: 141

Embalmo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Protected by the Castle Law, Intruders Will Be Shot (sign)

Post by Embalmo »

Guys,

I've often wondered if there is an effective way to warn people to "go to the next house instead" with a sign or a sticker that is not some redneck joke like protected by Smith and Wesson. And, ADT and Brinks signs don't say, "A really loud noise will go off and the police will throw you in jail and you'll be sexually violated!" It just says, "Protected by ADT."

So, I don't think that posting a sign that mentions "shooting" is necessary and I believe it is potentially threatening to anyone entering, including law enforcement. Maybe, "WARNING Resident is trained and legally equipped to protect these premises from illegal activity." on window stickers and a yard sign might do the trick. On the windows that passerbys never see, I might elaborate by writing, "This is not worth your risking your life!"

Embalmo
Husband and wife CHL team since 2009

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Embalmo wrote:Guys,

I've often wondered if there is an effective way to warn people to "go to the next house instead" with a sign or a sticker that is not some redneck joke like protected by Smith and Wesson. And, ADT and Brinks signs don't say, "A really loud noise will go off and the police will throw you in jail and you'll be sexually violated!" It just says, "Protected by ADT."

So, I don't think that posting a sign that mentions "shooting" is necessary and I believe it is potentially threatening to anyone entering, including law enforcement. Maybe, "WARNING Resident is trained and legally equipped to protect these premises from illegal activity." on window stickers and a yard sign might do the trick. On the windows that passerbys never see, I might elaborate by writing, "This is not worth your risking your life!"

Embalmo
While rebuilding my home from Ike I had some building materials disappear, I salted the grounds with a bunch of 9MM brass and threw a few empty ammo boxes and used targets into the debris. My wife stopped me from pouring the catsup around. I don't know if it had any real effect but stuff stopped dissapearing.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

txbirddog

Post by txbirddog »

Probably wouldn't want to advertise that firearms are in the house.

rangefinderII

Post by rangefinderII »

I would not post the sign.

This sign takes away MY ADVANTAGE if/when a BG decides to hit me.

This sign implies weapons in the house and I can't be at home 24/7. I think the sign makes one a target.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”