AR-15 truck gun - is this a good idea?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR-15 truck gun - is this a good idea?

Post by ScottDLS »

If you've got the Picatinny rail, collapsible stock, and the scope, why not get a barrel with a flash suppressor and a bayo lug? Wouldn't want folks thinking you live in small town NEW YORK or something.

Also, gotta make sure you a have two 30rd mags clipped together, 'case you run into a pack of (60+) wild dogs... :lol:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mr surveyor »

most country boys aren't mall ninjas ;-)
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
TheArmedFarmer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

:lol: I do have quite a few picatinny toys but they aren't currently mounted on anything. I have two holographic sights and a Surefire light. These, I suppose, are for the house guns.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

sneedb82

Post by sneedb82 »

I unfortunately live in a small town, and work in a slightly larger town... and the town I work in, is nice, friendly, but has high crime thanks to "imports" and their Mexican influences (read: drugs, gangs, and plain dirty tactics), but to top that all off, i can't have a "gun" in my vehicle, even if it's stowed away in the trunk... thanks to the stupid Employee Handbook for Rig workers and not office personnel and management :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

I certainly wish that the State would have passed the law allowing me (legally at least) to carry a firearm in my car.

mymojo

Post by mymojo »

sneedb82 wrote: ...i can't have a "gun" in my vehicle, even if it's stowed away in the trunk... thanks to the stupid Employee Handbook for Rig workers and not office personnel and management
Wait, are you saying certain employees can have firearms in their vehicles while certain others cant?
"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

dicion
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dicion »

mymojo wrote:
sneedb82 wrote: ...i can't have a "gun" in my vehicle, even if it's stowed away in the trunk... thanks to the stupid Employee Handbook for Rig workers and not office personnel and management
Wait, are you saying certain employees can have firearms in their vehicles while certain others cant?
Sounds like *DUN DUN DUN*... Descrimination to me.

Take it to HR!

Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Keep the dust cover closed, it will keep the bolt much cleaner. You can get away with a lot of things in a small town you wouldn't want to try in a city!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”