ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

super8neon
Posts in topic: 4

Re:

Post by super8neon »

propellerhead wrote:Apparently they are allowed to do so. Local area economy probably plays a big factor.
Yeah... I thought everyone knew that different Wal-Marts have different pricing.

I have access to over 6 different Wal-Marts... and they'll all have various prices.
Especially when it comes to Baby Formula.

The "nicer" stores charge more than the stores in "lower income" areas.

Jake
Posts in topic: 8

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Jake »

Whitestone Castle Armory (http://www.wcarmory.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) out of Austin is suppose to have Wolf steel 1000 rds and Prvi Brass 500 rds 380 ammo on 6/30/09.
Last edited by Jake on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrayHawk

Post by GrayHawk »

Walmart in Arlington (287/Little Rd) had about 20 boxes of Blazer 40 S&W on the shelf and an unopened box of 1000 rds sitting right next to it, if anyone is interested. Today, about 1030....

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

GrayHawk wrote:Walmart in Arlington (287/Little Rd) had about 20 boxes of Blazer 40 S&W on the shelf and an unopened box of 1000 rds sitting right next to it, if anyone is interested. Today, about 1030....
Argh!!! I need some 40 S&W but Arlington is about an hour from me. :banghead: Maybe this means my local Wally World is due a shipment also.

USA1
Posts in topic: 104

Post by USA1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Maybe this means my local Wally World is due a shipment also.
the ironic thing is , you need ammo in your gun , just to go to Walmart to buy ammo :fire
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

usa1 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: Maybe this means my local Wally World is due a shipment also.
the ironic thing is , you need ammo in your gun , just to go to Walmart to buy ammo :fire
:iagree: Can't be doing a wally walk with an empty weapon. :mrgreen:

dicion
Posts in topic: 12

Post by dicion »

I went to Both Academy and Gander at 290&Hwy 6 in Houston just now

Academy doesn't have anything worth talking about. :banghead:

Gander Mtn had tons of 38 special, and .40
they had some 9mm, and absolutely NO .45acp :cryin

They also had a pallet of Bulgarian 7.62x54R out on the floor, on 'Special' for $240 for 440rds
I just laughed at that, as I just got 880rds of the exact same for $200 online.
Then I cried as I bought 3 boxes of Federal 5.56 for $15 a box of 20 :cryin
I'm gonna make a nice 5.56 order from online somewhere, but I needed some immediately to test out my AR build this week.

allinhtown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by allinhtown »

so it seems all the walmarts in the SE houston/pearland area are totally out of ammo... any good sites to buy from online?

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Tireshred »

Gander is one of those that are gouging IMO, along with Cheaper Than Dirt. I bought 440 rounds of 7.62x54R at Sportsman Guide a month or so ago on sale for $90. It's better to hit the Wally's and Academy's and hope they have something you need, they aren't gouging that I've seen.
dicion wrote:I went to Both Academy and Gander at 290&Hwy 6 in Houston just now

Academy doesn't have anything worth talking about. :banghead:

Gander Mtn had tons of 38 special, and .40
they had some 9mm, and absolutely NO .45acp :cryin

They also had a pallet of Bulgarian 7.62x54R out on the floor, on 'Special' for $240 for 440rds
I just laughed at that, as I just got 880rds of the exact same for $200 online.
Then I cried as I bought 3 boxes of Federal 5.56 for $15 a box of 20 :cryin
I'm gonna make a nice 5.56 order from online somewhere, but I needed some immediately to test out my AR build this week.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Kevinf2349 »

Jake wrote:Whitestone Castle Armory (http://www.wcarmory.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) out of Austin is suppose to have Wolf steel 1000 rds and Privi Brass 500 rds 380 ammo on 6/30/09.
Has anyone got any experience with these people?

I can't find any .380 ammo anywhere in Wally world or Academy in the area so mail order seems to be the only option at this time. 9mm is pretty easy to find but .380 is like rocking horse poop around here.

Any thoughts or recommendations? (I live in League City)
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

JackRR
Posts in topic: 23

Post by JackRR »

Kevinf2349 wrote:
Jake wrote:Whitestone Castle Armory (http://www.wcarmory.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) out of Austin is suppose to have Wolf steel 1000 rds and Privi Brass 500 rds 380 ammo on 6/30/09.

I can't find any .380 ammo anywhere in Wally world or Academy in the area so mail order seems to be the only option at this time. 9mm is pretty easy to find but .380 is like rocking horse poop around here.

This person seems to be a gunbroker reseller simular to an Ebay Store. No address that I can determine. The name Whitestone is a major street in Cedar Park also know as FM 1431. This squares with with the comment about local pickup. Never heard of this outfit until now. I wouldnt buy unless I had more info or go thru the gunbroker process.

JackRR
Posts in topic: 23

Post by JackRR »

Speaking of 380. If you are looking for "carry ammo" ATG has Speer GDHP in stock as of this post. $39.95 for 50rd box.
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/ ... point-ammo

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Kevinf2349 »

JackRR wrote:
Kevinf2349 wrote:

This person seems to be a gunbroker reseller simular to an Ebay Store. No address that I can determine. The name Whitestone is a major street in Cedar Park also know as FM 1431. This squares with with the comment about local pickup. Never heard of this outfit until now. I wouldnt buy unless I had more info or go thru the gunbroker process.
Thank you, sir :tiphat: I was a little concerned about spending so much money for an unknown supplier.

I shall keep up my search for both .380 ammo and the tooth fairy.
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

Jake
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jake »

I ordered 500 rounds of the Prvi 380 from Whitestone. I received the UPS tracking number and the ammo should arrive tomorrow. If there is a problem I will let you know. However, so far communication with Whitestone (William Anger 586-601-4308) has been good. If you have any questions about his company give him a call. He has ammo posted on the Texas Guntrader site. I haven't been able to find 380 anywhere else, (other than occasionally on Ammo to Go) so I figured I would take a chance.
Last edited by Jake on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

caldvn
Posts in topic: 5

Post by caldvn »

Jake wrote:I ordered 500 rounds of the Privi 380 from Whitestone. I received the UPS tracking number and the ammo should arrive tomorrow. If there is a problem I will let you know. However, so far communication with Whitestone (William Anger 586-601-4308) has been good. If you have any questions about his company give him a call. He has ammo posted on the Texas Guntrader site. I haven't been able to find 380 anywhere else, (other than occassionally on Ammo to Go) so I figured I would take a chance.
For the most part, if you're paying with credit cards, you have "some" type of protection, depending on the CC and their policies. :)
If my posts sounds like I got a monkey on my back... it's actually a gorilla. Just don't get offended. :)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”