ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Re: ammo on sale

Post by Skiprr »

Just keepin' this visible: http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php.

Even if you don't like to buy online, it provides a pretty good basis for comparison shopping. And the more of us who register and contribute to the data, the better the resource. A couple of years ago maintained my own Excel spreadsheet for factory ammo pricing/sourcing, but stopped after I found Gun-Deals.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

USA1
Posts in topic: 104

Post by USA1 »

went to ...ammo dump...on s.postoak blvd. in houston,they seemed to have a good selection. i would not say anythings on sale but they had plenty of .45 $22.00-50rd...not really cheap but its always good to pick up a little here and there !
also if you go to shiloh shooting range, you can purchase ammo to shoot and save your own stash. :tiphat:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

flb_78
Posts in topic: 24

Post by flb_78 »

Walmart on Tascosa road in Amarillo has 45 in stock. They limit ya to 2 boxes.

I just wanted to post that to see how the DFW and Houston folk like it!!! "rlol"
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 18

Post by mikeintexas »

flb_78 wrote:Walmart on Tascosa road in Amarillo has 45 in stock. They limit ya to 2 boxes.

I just wanted to post that to see how the DFW and Houston folk like it!!! "rlol"
That hurts flb! :grumble

Carrots

Post by Carrots »

Academy at 290/34th had plenty of Monarch 9 and WWB .40 an hour ago. Three boxes per calibre per customer. The Monarch was $11 / 50 and the WWB $33 / 100.

Carrots

Post by Carrots »

And the same Academy still had plenty of 9 left this afternoon. Is the 'crisis' over?

bridge
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bridge »

Not on the south side. The Academy in League City/Webster is still without any hand gun ammo. All the walmarts too.

daveag98
Posts in topic: 2

Post by daveag98 »

I live in north fort worth anyone know when the walmarts get the ammo delivery ? Or are they all different?

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Tireshred »

The south side of Houston is dry, dry, dry, but I travel all around the Houston/Beaumont area and some on the east and north sides have some ammo, but not near where I live.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

garcia946
Posts in topic: 30

Post by garcia946 »

daveag98 wrote:I live in north fort worth anyone know when the walmarts get the ammo delivery ? Or are they all different?

they are all different , but your best bet is early morning , that has been my luck at walmart
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Tireshred
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Tireshred »

Agreed, all my luck has been before 9AM at Wally.
"All of life's big problems include the words "Indictment" or "Inoperable", everything else is small stuff." Alton Brown

Isimanica
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Isimanica »

bridge wrote:Not on the south side. The Academy in League City/Webster is still without any hand gun ammo. All the walmarts too.
No kidding I am looking every where for some 45 acp for pratice and some thing to put in mine for defense. Can't find any anywhere. In the south part of town.

grim-bob
Posts in topic: 2

Post by grim-bob »

Isimanica wrote:
bridge wrote:Not on the south side. The Academy in League City/Webster is still without any hand gun ammo. All the walmarts too.
No kidding I am looking every where for some 45 acp for pratice and some thing to put in mine for defense. Can't find any anywhere. In the south part of town.

As of Today my Academy (North Richland Hills) was awash (relatively) with handgun ammo. Even had some of the elusive .380 on the shelves.... Plenty of 9mm and several boxes of 100rd WWB in 40SW. Also saw a bunch of big boxes of UMC 45ACP. A lot of it was Priv P rebranded Monarch in brass. First time they've told me there was a limit and it was 200 rds per ammo "type" I.e. you could get 200rds of 40SW WWB and 200rds 40SW HP .... so you could still stock up pretty decent if you've been running low in several areas
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”