Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

tboesche
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Guns that you REGRET selling or trading

Post by tboesche »

WildBill wrote:All of them. ;-)
Yeah, What he said!

When I transferred over seas I sold all except my 870 Wingmaster, which I sent to my dad's house. Why I didn't do that with the rest I will never know.
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

dmac

Post by dmac »

I have sold some that I don't regret. Before I could afford quality guns I had cheap ones. I don't regret selling my Star Firestar in .45 (but I do kind of miss the Star 9mm), or the AMT back-up in .45 (ouch), or the rossi revolver.

There are many I do regret selling:
Ruger Super Blackhawk, 7 1/2", .44 mag
Ruger SP101
Sig 228
Sig 232
Sig 245
MAk 90/AK 47 (now that you can put a real AK stock on them)
S&W 637 w/ action job

What I also regret are the ones I passed on
I had a roomate once who was sort of dumb. He used to buy guns, keep them for a while, then sell them...cheap. I never bought one from him, but could have gotten:

An Uzi Model b with long and short barrel for $700
a Spas 12 shotgun for $400 (this was about 1990) (this one hurts the most...if only I could go back in time) :-( [after thinking about it some more I think he may have offered it to me for $400---big ouch!]
a S&W 686 6" with beautiful trigger for $250
Last edited by dmac on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING: The writer tends to use sarcasm - be aware - the ability to easily understand irony, hyperbole, litotes and other elements of satire is required for a thorough understanding.
Bin Laden Is Still Free....Are You?
Repeal The Patriot Act Now!

LaserTex

Post by LaserTex »

S&W Model 19 .357 with combat grips. I could dot a fly's eye with that thing. Had to sell it when I got orders to Germany. I miss that gun! :cryin

Doug :txflag:
LaserTex
Air Force Retired ** Life Member VFW ** NRA Member **
** Life Member AmVets ** Patriot Guard Rider **

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

I have never sold or traded a gun. I still have my very first. It's an old Remmington Target Master. Single shot bolt action.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

There are a few but some more than others. I had a Colt Delta HBAR in the factory tac case that I foolishly let go because at the time, I thought it was "too heavy". :banghead:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Totally tricked out custom Colt Gold Cup National Match back in 1982 that I shot bowling pin matches with. :cryin
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Walkin' Jack

Post by Walkin' Jack »

I once had a S&W Model 624 .44 special In stainless steel. I stole it of a co worker for 250 bux. I tradeded it in some years later for my first Glock (G-23). Got 350 for it which I thought was good. But now I wish I'd kept the Smith and just paid the retail price for the G-23. I won't make a mistake like that again. I just keep reminding myself that I'm in the business of BUYING guns, not selling them. :banghead: The grip was modified before I got it. had some trigger work too. Most accurate revolver I ever had.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Chruchill

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”