Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

64zebra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 64zebra »

thanks for the welcome
well, I don't do as much bird hunting as I used to :sad: but hopefully that will change soon :smile: dove, quail, turkey, duck
...and my mossberg isn't for bird hunting, its a 7-shot with 00 and slugs for any 2-legged animals that wish to proceed with hostilities

I stayed up WAY too late last night catching up on posts in this site, very good atmosphere and good exchange of ideas/opinions here.
LEO/CHL Certified Glock Armorer
Guns: not enough space here, but G17 duty/G30 off/S&W 642 BU
Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
If loose gun laws are good for criminals, why do criminals support gun control?

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

My only shotgun is Moss 590, straight tube, ghost rings. Single purpose tool.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

HOSSISFREE
Posts in topic: 5

Post by HOSSISFREE »

Welcome 64zebra,

I like the list. My favorite being the H&K USP .45, as that is the one we have in common. My only shotgun is a Daily O/U skeet gun. Not much use for the 2 legged hostiles, but then there is the .45.

Nice to see someone else of my age here.

Hoss
..." it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." ~ Declaration of Independence!

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 5

Howdy from Rockwall

Post by The Marshal »

Bill
Rockwall, Tx

Profession/school status: Programmer for Downtown Dallas firm
Marital status: 19 Years, best Wifey ever
Years CHL: Sent off my App in May 06
Texas State Representative House District : Ralph Hall
Carry guns/equipment: Springfield XD-9mm SubCompact

Hello fellow members!
Hopefully, I can get to meet some of y'all locally for some shootin'.
I am lamenting right now as I have a purchased a brand new pistol, and have sent off for my CHL license, and having done such I have blown all my 'range money!' :cry:
Just this afternoon I was wondering what I could break off the house and sell for some 9mm ammo... heheh.

As of last Christmas, my online buddies since 1998 talked me into getting a pistol. (well it wasn't too hard)
Now I grew up in East Texas, so shooting rifles and SGs is second nature, but I never could shoot the side of a phone booth from inside with a pistol. I figured they were junk guns, heheh.

Well, the desire to try it got me seeking out a friend in Church, and he is a big shooter with probably 30+ pistols. Needless to say we had a fun time at the range. After that, I *swore* to the Wife I was only going to get *one* pistol. So I consulted with my buddies, and came home with a Kimber Warrior .45 from the Big Town Gun Show.
That gentlemen, is a fine piece of shootin' iron. Sooooo, off to the range I have gone, and by May I realize that I simply must have a CHL license. So here I sit, at my computer with a new Subcompact, no money, no ammo, and the timer started on the Austin Crew.

Well, at least I found a good forum to hang out on! :cool:

Kimber Warrior .45 with Glock light/laser on rail
Springfield XD-9mm Subcompact

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome Marshal. You did find a good place to be! This is a lot better than Wood County :grin:

pastor1
Posts in topic: 1

My Profile

Post by pastor1 »

Youth pastor and high school teacher.
I've had a CHL since 1996.
Married, 2 kids.
I carry a S&W airweight and a Kahr P40 Covert in a pocket holster
Avid deer hunter, reloader and general gun nut, especially 1911's
Major Problem: I can't find a way to carry a 1911 comfortably concealed with the way I dress (Wrangler jeans and tucked in shirt) :cry: so I've decided to go with the above carry method and weapons.
Isaiah 40:31

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 33

Post by jbirds1210 »

Welcome Pastor1! I am sure that advice on 1911 carry methods will be plentiful from this crowd, it seems to be a favorite! Sorry I have no personal experience with it (Glock/Sig kinda guy) Welcome to the forum, I look forward to learning from your experience.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

kw5kw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by kw5kw »

Been here for a few days now, So, I thought I'd say: "Howdy" to everyone here.

First I'm a 53 year old white male who's been married for 34 1/2 years to the same wonderful lady. I've been a CHL holder for 4 years now and just went to my renewal class last month. Hopefully, my new piece of plastic will arrive before the old one expires... Yes, I put it off a bit longer than I should have.

I don't carry as often as I should--probably, but I think that will change now since I just bought me a new weapon: SA XD-9 Service. That makes the third in the house behind a .22 and a .32. 15 years ago I sold my 3-.22's, .357, 9mm, 22-250 and 30-30 after starting to believe some of the aniti's hype.

Just over 4 years ago, for personal reasons, I went and got my CHL so I could carry for personal protection for the wife and I. That immediate threat subscided, so I quit 'packin' on a daily basis.

My NEW son-in-law loves guns, and so does my oldest daughter, they have gotten me back into this hobby. (And I've gotten him into mine, i.e. Amateur Radio.) They own their own ranch, so shooting is something that we now do on a regular basis when we go to visit.

I very much believe in God, Family, Country; in that exact order, and while I'm not an ordained minister, I read and study the Bible more than anything else!

May God bless.
Russ

Diode
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Diode »

Hey welcome to all the new guys! Marshal, Pastor1 and kw5kw... glad to meet ya!

O6nop
Posts in topic: 2

New to Forum

Post by O6nop »

I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself.

I'm 49

-30 days (or less, I hope) from CHL

Electronic Tech in Austin

Divorced, 1 grown, 1 teen kid.

I plan on carrying a .45 1911 4" Kimber, w/ IWB. I also have a Glock 19 but using it as a carry concerns me. I'm thinking about a more compact auto like a CZ RAMI in 9mm.
I also have an interest in milsurp rifles. So far I have a Yugo SKS and a Mosin Nagant.

Diode
Posts in topic: 24

Re: New to Forum

Post by Diode »

O6nop wrote:I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself.

I also have an interest in milsurp rifles. So far I have a Yugo SKS and a Mosin Nagant.
Welcome to the forums! I just purchased my first SKS a couple weeks ago. I posted a picture of mine and found there are quite a few Milsurp'ers around here.

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Howdy, folks. I'm new, and this looks like a good place for a first post.

I am a 24 year old male. I just graduated from college in May, and I'm heading over to the local PD for their next test. With any luck, I'll be changing my handle to "JohnnyLaw."

I am single and staying that way.

I've had my CHL since February of this year.

My state rep is Fred Hill of district 112.

My carry guns include a Springer Hi-cap 1911 in a Milt Sparks Watch-Six, a Kel-Tec P11 in a fanny pack, and the occasional J-frame in a no-name open top leather IWB with belt clip.

And I must say that I rather like this forum. Browsing around for the last day or two, I have learned a whole lot from you nice folks.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 50

Post by seamusTX »

Johnny wrote:I am single and staying that way.
Famous last words. :smile:

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your police tests.

- Jim

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Johnny & 06nop. Welcome. This will catch me up on all the new members. Glad to have you both. Yes Johnny. Stay that way. Wait for the right one. Aint nothin worse than a bad marriage. Those of us who have been hooked up to the right one for a lot of yrs will tell you when it is right there aint nuthin better. 37 here. :lol:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Famous last words.
You aren't the first one to say that. In my defense, I was handed a copy of Blue Press the other day to poke through, and there was a picture of an attractive lady on the cover. I zoomed right in on her holster. It was a really spiffy Cowboy rig, and I was trying to read the maker's mark on the side of it. The friend who had handed me the catalog burst into laughter.

I've just got better things to do at the moment. Have to pay off student loans, have to buy a house, and, most importantly, have to get my tail in gear so I can pass the PD's physical fitness exam. SeamusTX, I appreciate the encouragement. I'm certain that I have the written exam in the bag, but a mile and a half in fifteen minutes is quite a jaunt when you've spent the last four years reading books and drinking DrPepper.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”