ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bpet
Posts in topic: 3

Re: ammo on sale

Post by bpet »

Wait a week. Your statement will be true and meaningful. :hurry:
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

mr.72
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mr.72 »

Tallinthesaddle wrote:Walmart had Winchester 9MM on sale today for $19.95 for the $100 box.
That's approximately their normal price.
non-conformist CHL holder

LarryH
Posts in topic: 21

Post by LarryH »

I picked up 200 rounds of .380 at Wal-Mart on FM646 and Gulf Freeway just before Christmas. It was up about ten percent from the previous stable price, at about $34 per box of 100 versus just under $30.

Bill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bill »

I usually buy from Ammotogo but lately there 9mm, 223, have been the pits. I have a friend in brenham pick it up to avoid shipping but selection is poor. I can still find my 7.62, but I can see the impact our political fallout and economy has on our ability to protect ourselves. I generally stock up but put 7-8k downrange last year so I now feeling a bit naked. If its not one thing its another
Bill
retired CHL Instructor

IzzI
Posts in topic: 1

Post by IzzI »

Academy,carrollton(35 and 3040) still out of .380.
They do have 40 cal. Remington ,250 for$64

carnaco
Posts in topic: 1

Post by carnaco »

My Acadamy is out of everything.

RECIT
Posts in topic: 8

Post by RECIT »

I check at my local Acadamy in Sugar Land and Rosenberg and the department managers both told me the steel cased Monarch 7.62x51 ammo is not available nationally. I had them check other stores locally for inventory and then state and country wide. He came up with goose eggs for me. Kind of a bummer because that ammo was cheaper than ANYTHING else around for plinkin with my CETME. I found some Silver Bear for a little more plus shipping at .52 per round.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

cedjunior
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cedjunior »

All the local stores near me are either out, or charging ridiculous prices. I went to the Bass Pro Shop last week and they were selling .45 for $39.99/50rds. And we're talking plain old FMJ here. Dicks not much better, $32/50rds of WWB in .45.

I ordered some Magtech from Natchez, a case for $14.99/50. They just sent me an email a little while ago, they got a bunch more in stock from different manufacturers for about the same price.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 183

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

A couple weeks ago I bought 45 at Walmart in Plano. I could have sworn it was right at 30 bucks for 100 round wwb...I think the 40 was 26 for 100 wwb. I am stocked up now and am done buying until the prices come down. I have over 30K rounds of various calibers. 9mm, 40, 45, 223, 7.62x39. I have one last back order from Sportsmans paradise for 2K rounds of 7.62x39 JHP at 209 per case/ Im not holding my breath, I am sure those theives don't want me to have it at that price. They have delayed it about 8 times now...bunch of crooks in the ammo game folks. Ammo man has lost my business forever...that guy is a thief. in the past i bought thousands of rounds from that crook and he used to be fair...now he is a thief. I have run out of storage places...LOL.

garcia946
Posts in topic: 30

Post by garcia946 »

Any good sales around Dallas area on ammo?
I`ve been to Walmart here lately and they have pretty much nothing right now. I usually get the 100 round boxes ( 9mm and .40 )but nothing in stock.

TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Ammo man has lost my business forever...that guy is a thief. in the past i bought thousands of rounds from that crook and he used to be fair...now he is a thief.
Please provide facts to back up your claim.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

03Lightningrocks

TheArmedFarmer wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Ammo man has lost my business forever...that guy is a thief. in the past i bought thousands of rounds from that crook and he used to be fair...now he is a thief.
Please provide facts to back up your claim.
LOL....you been paying much attention to his prices? Sorry if he is your buddy or something but the ammo sellers are all ripping folks off right now and that is a fact! He is the worst of the bunch. His prices of just gotten plain stupid.

TheArmedFarmer

Post by TheArmedFarmer »

03Lightningrocks wrote:LOL....you been paying much attention to his prices? Sorry if he is your buddy or something but the ammo sellers are all ripping folks off right now and that is a fact! He is the worst of the bunch. His prices of just gotten plain stupid.
It is simple economics; supply and demand. A seller should sell at the price that the market will handle. If his prices are too high, then he won't sell anything. Respectfully, calling him a thief because he, like almost everyone, is raising prices, is unwarranted.
Life member: NRA, THSC, HSLDA.

03Lightningrocks

TheArmedFarmer wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:LOL....you been paying much attention to his prices? Sorry if he is your buddy or something but the ammo sellers are all ripping folks off right now and that is a fact! He is the worst of the bunch. His prices of just gotten plain stupid.
It is simple economics; supply and demand. A seller should sell at the price that the market will handle. If his prices are too high, then he won't sell anything. Respectfully, calling him a thief because he, like almost everyone, is raising prices, is unwarranted.
Not in my opinion, it's not. He raised his prices three times the night of the election as the polls came in. Guess we see it two different ways. :tiphat:
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bridge
Posts in topic: 12

Post by bridge »

"Can't we all just get along?"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”