Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

particle
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by particle »

My incredible wife received a substantial bonus this year, and used the whole thing (plus a little extra) to buy me this gun for my birthday/Christmas present (my birthday is very close to Christmas), as well as a little extra for ammunition/reloading supplies and a holster! It's a Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail 1911 .45 ACP. This will be my new daily carry once I buy some ammo and break it in. I'm currently carrying the Springfield XD .40 4" Service Model. She also gave me the new CRKT knife - this thing has to be the largest knife I've ever carried (daily).

http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CompVest
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CompVest »

Awesome wife and a pretty nice gun, too. So let's hear what you treated her to for Christmas.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

CainA
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CainA »

That is one sexy 1911. You have a great wife.

-Cain

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Skiprr »

Being mostly a 1911 kinda guy, all I can say is: Nice!

Now, that's a present.

FYI, I'm not a personal fan of ambidextrous safeties on 1911s, though they seem all the rage now on upscale models. The true custom smiths understand the ambi safety should be an option, not a standard.

Oh: Nice pictures, too. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ac-mech

Post by ac-mech »

does she have a sister?....... :cool:

Big Worm
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Big Worm »

How can I upload my Pics?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

Big Worm wrote:How can I upload my Pics?
Your photos must be posted on a hosting site (like Flicker or Image Shack). Then you use the URL button and put the shortcut to the photos between the boxes.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:FYI, I'm not a personal fan of ambidextrous safeties on 1911s, though they seem all the rage now on upscale models. The true custom smiths understand the ambi safety should be an option, not a standard.
Apparently, neither you nor the gunsmiths are left handed. I prefer to buy a 1911 which has already been fitted from the factory with an ambi-safety than to have to buy the part separately and then pay a gunsmith to mount it - particularly when I've already invested a considerable sum for the pistol in the first place. Perhaps the upscale makers have discovered that they were alienating 15% of their potential market by not offering at least some models that were already left-handed friendly.

I had to pay extra to have an ambi-safety mounted on a Sig GSR Stainless Carry 1911. I traded that in eventually on a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II, which I also had to pay extra to have an ambi-safety mounted. I still have the Kimber, but a few days ago, I bought a Springfield Armory Loaded from HighVelocity. Thankfully, it came with an ambi-safety factory installed. It's a keeper, and will be added into my carry rotation once I get the holster thing sorted out.

Don't get me started on how difficult it is to get an ambi-safety for an H&K USP Compact.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 7

Post by KC5AV »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Skiprr wrote:FYI, I'm not a personal fan of ambidextrous safeties on 1911s, though they seem all the rage now on upscale models. The true custom smiths understand the ambi safety should be an option, not a standard.
Apparently, neither you nor the gunsmiths are left handed. I prefer to buy a 1911 which has already been fitted from the factory with an ambi-safety than to have to buy the part separately and then pay a gunsmith to mount it - particularly when I've already invested a considerable sum for the pistol in the first place. Perhaps the upscale makers have discovered that they were alienating 15% of their potential market by not offering at least some models that were already left-handed friendly.

I had to pay extra to have an ambi-safety mounted on a Sig GSR Stainless Carry 1911. I traded that in eventually on a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II, which I also had to pay extra to have an ambi-safety mounted. I still have the Kimber, but a few days ago, I bought a Springfield Armory Loaded from HighVelocity. Thankfully, it came with an ambi-safety factory installed. It's a keeper, and will be added into my carry rotation once I get the holster thing sorted out.

Don't get me started on how difficult it is to get an ambi-safety for an H&K USP Compact.
Just carry a Glock. Problem solved. :evil2:
NRA lifetime member

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 19

Post by lunchbox »

KC5AV wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

forget the glock its all about the XDM :fire
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

KC5AV wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I've never been one to go ugly early. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Plato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Plato »

KC5AV wrote:Just carry a Glock. Problem solved. :evil2:
Amen brother, Preach IT ;-) :thumbs2: :iagree:

And Glocks run great with lint :coolgleamA:

secure
Posts in topic: 2

Post by secure »

I just realized I never posted in here so.........here ya go.

Kimber UCII
S&W Airlite 340
KImber LifeAct
Emerson CQC-15
Colt m-16-k
Milt Sparks VMII

fadlan12

Post by fadlan12 »

secure wrote:I just realized I never posted in here so.........here ya go.

Kimber UCII
S&W Airlite 340
KImber LifeAct
Emerson CQC-15
Colt m-16-k
Milt Sparks VMII

nice setup.

Texasdoc
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Texasdoc »

here is my new carry gun its a XD 40 with 2 spare mags, minuteman pancake holster. Hornady XTP 180gr. ammo .

Doc
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”