What was the point of that long wait?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TexaNurse
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What was the point of that long wait?

Post by TexaNurse »

I am your run of the mill college kid. Few things I gotta say:

1) Those emo kids are fun to hang out with. Why? Because any doubt of myself will quickly dissipate when I realize that the beautiful, southern belle will rather date a chubby guy like me than someone who "shares his feelings".

2) With the exception of rainy days, I wear cargo shorts, t-shirts, and casual shoes year round. My first carry pistol was a SIG P229, the ONLY modification I made was wearing larger shirts and a thicker belt. Now, I carry a RIA 1911, no modifications at all. You'll get used to it, I promise that not even your buddies will notice it.
Last edited by TexaNurse on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DoubleJ »

TexaNurse wrote:I am your run of the mill college kid. Few things I gotta say:

1) Those emo kids are fun to hang out with. Why? Because any doubt of myself will quickly dissipate when I realize that the hot looking gals will rather date a chubby, hairy, hispanic like me than a skinny, crying, make-up wearing idiot.

2) With the exception of rainy days, I wear cargo shorts, t-shirts, and casual shoes year round. My first carry pistol was a SIG P229, the ONLY modification I made was wearing larger shirts and a thicker belt. Now, I carry a RIA 1911, no modifications at all. You'll get used to it, I promise that not even your buddies will notice it.
I'm pretty sure there's a rule against your number 1) there.
calling other people name's only makes you look like the name you call them.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

waynev
Posts in topic: 1

Post by waynev »

Like everybody has said, adjust the carry position until you feel comfortable. I tried carrying at 4 to 4:30 and it was very uncomfortable. Moved it forward to 3 oclock and canted forward just a hair more and the gun disappears. Granted, my carry pistol is a Para Ordnance P12, so it's not a huge gun anyway. But this also worked for me with my Taurus PT945, which is larger than a full-size 45.
Ben Franklin once stated that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. I tend to agree with him.

Topic author
mr.72
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mr.72 »

Well I carried the Sigma most of the day yesterday in the Crossbreed and it worked ok. Again my wife didn't notice, but of course she wasn't looking for it. I had the rearward clip up against the back-center belt loop so this is easily 5:00 or more position, which made it a bit of a reach to grip the gun but nothing that a little practice wouldn't fix. I think it conceals "just ok" this way but it is way more comfortable than the SmartCarry!
non-conformist CHL holder

TexaNurse
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexaNurse »

DoubleJ wrote: I'm pretty sure there's a rule against your number 1) there.
calling other people name's only makes you look like the name you call them.
Ooops! I was typing really fast and so I didn't take the time to review/edit my post. I'll correct it. But don't worry, I've been called worse.

dukalmighty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dukalmighty »

I have a crossbreed like your talking about ,and i drilled out the rivets and adjusted it for about a 30 degree cant I carry a 1911 IWB 24/7 and with cargo shorts and a t-shirt never print
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

Topic author
mr.72
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mr.72 »

did you use rivets to re-attach it, or T-nuts and washers + screws, or Chicago screws, or what?

Just curious. I might do the same.

BTW I really like this Crossbreed.
non-conformist CHL holder

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”