Field and Stream: 50 best guns ever made

http://www.fieldandstream.com/article_g ... -Ever-Made
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

iratollah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Field and Stream: 50 best guns ever made

Post by iratollah »

If the H&K P7 isn't on there then the list is flawed. I glanced, but didn't feel like scrolling through 50 slides. I hate it when they do that, just show me the list and then let me decide if I want to see the whole slide show. I guess this way, they get to feed me 50 ads and their pageview count goes up along with their ad rates.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

drw

Post by drw »

No M1A or similar battle rifle. No 1911, either (that I saw). I guess the list is okay if all you think you'll ever shoot are 4 legged or winged creatures.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

What a lousy list. I only have 5 of them. :cryin
NRA Endowment Member

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Lists are like opinions, everybody has one and, I don't agree with yours. "rlol"
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Well at least I have a Remington 94 .30-30 that made the list!

Even though I am going to do the unthinkable and re-make it more ruggedized (replace busted/cracked/dinged wood with synthetic, strip old and practically unprotected wood and parkerize it, put on a better peep site on the rear)

I know some people would freak..but I want to make it more useful and not some stupid safe queen
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:Well at least I have a Remington 94 .30-30 that made the list!

Even though I am going to do the unthinkable and re-make it more ruggedized (replace busted/cracked/dinged wood with synthetic, strip old and practically unprotected wood and parkerize it, put on a better peep site on the rear)

I know some people would freak..but I want to make it more useful and not some stupid safe queen

We have one my dad won at a bar once, he says he hates to shoot that thing, I'm trying to get him to part with it though :lol:: (Though it does have his name, not mine engraved on it)

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I don't have anything on the first five pages. After that, I was tired of waiting for the pages to load, so I don't know.

Walkin' Jack

Post by Walkin' Jack »

MoJo wrote:Lists are like opinions, everybody has one and, I don't agree with yours. "rlol"
I must aree with my old friend MoJo. That list has more holes in it than my 50' target. :grumble I do happen to own a couple that made the list though. Ruger 10/22 and Ruger Blackhawk. But just as an example what about Colt. The .38 caliber Colt Diamon Back and the .357mag Colt Python should deffinitely be on the list. How many more are not that should be??? :totap:

Ahh, but I ain't askeert. I got my OWN list and that's the one I go by. :patriot:
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Chruchill

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

This has been up for at least a week. The ONLY Military or military-based gun on it is the K98 Mauser(that I could find, anyway). They rather obviously avoided any military guns for some reason.

drw

Post by drw »

T3hK1w1 wrote:They rather obviously avoided any military guns for some reason.
Well, it is Field and Stream, after all.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

drw wrote:
T3hK1w1 wrote:They rather obviously avoided any military guns for some reason.
Well, it is Field and Stream, after all.
On number 14 (I think) they had the Springfield 1903 and the comment that it and the Mauser were the only two military guns on the list. I agree that, givne the magazine, the bias towards sporting firearms would be natural. And for the Springfield, they point out how many times it has been sporterized.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”