TexasCHLforum Day at PSC?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Good idea, dws. +1.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Done.

Scott Murray
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott Murray »

Count me in. The Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise....

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Like your saying Scott. Remember! If the good Lord is willing you can cross the creek, whether it is kickin' up dust on dry ground like the Red Sea or in a great tempest such as the Sea of Galilee w/ Him asleep in the back. :thumbsup:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

j1132s

Post by j1132s »

I'd like to come, but I can't make a commitment at this moment (September is just too far away).

If I do come, I'll make it a day trip and can provide a free ride for people in Austin TX wishing to go too. Please let me know if you want a ride (j1133s at yahoo com).

I really wanted to go last year, but my wife wouldn't let me. This year, I'll leave her out of it.

Thanks.

progun47
Posts in topic: 2

Post by progun47 »

where is this place, I'd be ready to go. I would really like to meet some forum members. I'll also be glad to help in anyway possible, just let me know what, when, and how

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

progun47 wrote:where is this place, I'd be ready to go. I would really like to meet some forum members. I'll also be glad to help in anyway possible, just let me know what, when, and how
It's at the PSC Shooting Club range in Friendswood, Texas, about 30 miles south of downtown Houston. Here is a link for more information about the club: http://www.cottonfamily.com/psc-idpa

Thanks for your offer of help; I'm sure we'll be able to use it!

Regards,
Chas.

quidni

Post by quidni »

j1132s wrote:I'd like to come, but I can't make a commitment at this moment (September is just too far away).
What he said. The son and I would both enjoy it but we're not sure if it will be possible yet.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

progun47
Posts in topic: 2

Post by progun47 »

charles, thanks for the link, it looks like a great place to shoot. I'll mark my calender, and will look forward to being there.
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 4

Post by stevie_d_64 »

progun47 wrote:charles, thanks for the link, it looks like a great place to shoot. I'll mark my calender, and will look forward to being there.
You ought to talk to "gigag04"...He lives up that way...You guys could carpool...

I'll vouch for him...Or not...I haven't decided yet... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dws1117
Posts in topic: 5

Post by dws1117 »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
progun47 wrote:charles, thanks for the link, it looks like a great place to shoot. I'll mark my calender, and will look forward to being there.
You ought to talk to "gigag04"...He lives up that way...You guys could carpool...

I'll vouch for him...Or not...I haven't decided yet... :lol:
What Stevie said. Tell him to bring "my" Kimber so I can shoot it again. :grin:

yerasimos

Post by yerasimos »

After reading the night sight thread, I just thought I would throw out this long-shot idea that I have been sitting on for months . . .

Is there any way we could have a low-light shoot at the end of this event? I am not suggesting a match necessarily, and it does not have to be at absolute darkness either, though the sun would have to be below the level of the berms, at minimum. I am thinking of a safe, controlled opportunity to test carry ammunition for muzzle flash, try shooting live-fire with flashlights, etc. Have people wear glow-in-the-dark capsules on their shirts, front and back, and lay glow sticks on the ground to demarcate a firing line. (I would be willing to buy these materials, if necessary.) IDPA rules apply: no loaded guns unless on the firing line, ammunition and firearms handled only at separate stations, no unsportsmanly conduct . . .

Would it be possible or practical to obtain a variance(s) from any pertinent local ordinances so this could be done?

Night shoot or not, if I am working in Texas when this is going down, I definitely plan to attend. I will know for sure by late summer.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

TraCoun wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Sounds good to me. I can visit with my kids and grandkids while there.

Let me know the details along with directions to PSC
RP - Go to the PSC website, http://www.psc-range.com, you should be able to find a map. If not or if you need more let us know. I think Charles has one on CottonFamily.com, on the PSC-IDPA page

Looking forward to seeing you there!

TraCoun
Thanks TraCoun. I talked to my son-in-law that lives in Alvin (LEO in Pearland). He knows where it is as he shoots there from time to time. He will even come with me if he's not on duty (or may take a vacation day if date can be nailed down in time). Look forward to seeing everyone and meeting the new people.

If I can do anything to help from this end, or bring anything let me know. I can even offer a ride to a few from up here.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Sorry, but no. PSC has a rule requiring shooting to stop at various times each month throughout the year and the time is before sundown. It's never really dark enough during shooting hours to do it.

Now, if I can convince folks we need a shoot-house with controllable lighting . . .

Regards,
Chas.
yerasimos wrote:After reading the night sight thread, I just thought I would throw out this long-shot idea that I have been sitting on for months . . .

Is there any way we could have a low-light shoot at the end of this event? I am not suggesting a match necessarily, and it does not have to be at absolute darkness either, though the sun would have to be below the level of the berms, at minimum. I am thinking of a safe, controlled opportunity to test carry ammunition for muzzle flash, try shooting live-fire with flashlights, etc. Have people wear glow-in-the-dark capsules on their shirts, front and back, and lay glow sticks on the ground to demarcate a firing line. (I would be willing to buy these materials, if necessary.) IDPA rules apply: no loaded guns unless on the firing line, ammunition and firearms handled only at separate stations, no unsportsmanly conduct . . .

Would it be possible or practical to obtain a variance(s) from any pertinent local ordinances so this could be done?

Night shoot or not, if I am working in Texas when this is going down, I definitely plan to attend. I will know for sure by late summer.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Now, if I can convince folks we need a shoot-house with controllable lighting . . .

Regards,
Chas.
YES!!! :woohoo :fire
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”