Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

texasmr2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by texasmr2 »

Keith B wrote:Welcome texasmr2. While you are waiting for your CHL, take time to read archived info int eh forum. Lots of good information and items that will help you be ready when your plastic arrives.

And good luck on the job interview! :thumbs2:
Thank's Keith and I have been doing alot of surfing and have recieved great input from fellow member's. Oh and thank's for the support on the interview as I really really really want this job. I was on the Texas DPS's website last night and will be applying with then also just incase. My credit history is the only issue I may have issue's about but heck it's less than $1000 of negative stuff and I plan to bring a few dozen donut's with me :mrgreen: !

Gregg
Peace Officer

foodawg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by foodawg »

Hey everyone! I'm new to forum and CHL

Age 44
Gender male
Profession/school status : I'm an IT Security Architect and CSO for half the U.S. of a consulting company.
Marital status : Married 24 years as of April 08 - 2 daughters that are pretty much grown unless they need money.
Years CHL : Got my CHL about 3 weeks ago.

Carry guns/equipment : KelTec P-3AT, Bernadeli Model 80, Sig Sauer P229R, Taurus P111

I also reload using a Lee Challenger 2000? and a Dillon 550B.

I also have a hand build match A3/03 with a custom wood stock, a match conditioned M1 Gerand, and several other rifles/carbines. Also a few other pistols, but I wouldn't consider them carry pieces.

Other interests include martial arts (Shotokan), paintball, music (anything percussion, guitar, and piano), and of course, computers.

I'm really try to figure this CHL thing out. I think the weak part of the instruction is how to actually carry a concealed weapon. That part is sort of glossed over.
Every generation needs a new revolution. - Thomas Jefferson

CompVest
Posts in topic: 34

Post by CompVest »

foodawg, welcome. Give us the origin of your name, please, sounds like a story.
I think the weak part of the instruction is how to actually carry a concealed weapon. That part is sort of glossed over.
I think the reason is that how you carry is a personal thing dependent on many factors ie: body type, gun type and size, clothing, and where you will be carrying. Also, there are just too many ways to carry for instructors to go over. It would be a class all by itself just on carry methods.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 6

Post by KC5AV »

It's also a very good topic for places like this. You can get some excellent suggestions from folks around here who have been doing it for quite a while.
NRA lifetime member

K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Hi folks:

I'm a new member here and wanted to add a short introduction. I've visited previously and see other familiar faces.

My name is Kevin and my company is K&D Holsters. We offer a variety of leather holsters and accessories. We also do a lot of other styles of leathercraft related items. One of the newest is actually motorcycle related stuff. Here's a pic of my bike, where we re-did the seat and saddle bag lids:

We used some genuine sharkskin. We're just finishing up a seat that has hippo on it.

Anyways, appreciate the opportunity to join you all here.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 89

Post by WildBill »

Welcome K-Man. You make some beautiful stuff.
NRA Endowment Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard K-Man. Glad to have another holster maker on the board. Feel free to jump in on the discussions. Holsters, I know. Far as bikes go, I am a looker & not a rider.
Welcome.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

I jumped ahead a bit and started posting before introducing here (just now found it). Well here we go...

Mid 20s / Male
In the Houston/Clear Lake area
bull in Aero Engineering
Happily married for almost a year now
Had TN carry permit for almost 3 years before moving to TX, now I'm waiting on the plastic in the mail
While in TN, I carried a Glock 27 IWB via attached belt clip with one flush magazine and two pinky entension mags + a Gerber knife
About to get a Beretta PX4 as my primary carry and donate the Glock to my wife for trading in on a new one.

I tend to be a bit of a geek, what with video games and computers all over my apartment. Also, I enjoy mountain biking, good wine, good beer and the occasional good cigar.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard & you will like the Baretta. 9mm or .40??
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

longtooth wrote:Welcome aboard & you will like the Baretta. 9mm or .40??
.40 of course. Haven't used anything but that since I started. Plus I already have the ammo piled up.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

bobbb

Post by bobbb »

Hi folks...I'm not carrying yet but will be taking the Texas City class on May 10th. I'm 57, divorced, 1 grown daughter, live in the Clear Lake area, work for Fedex, and will be carrying a Walther PPS. Lots of good info here.
Ruger LC9s
Ruger SR9c

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Hello all,

My Name is Mike. I'm 37 years old, married for 18 years, and have a wonderful daughter we just adopted from China. My wife owns and runs www.suttonplacegallery.com, a high end art gallery that is based in London, but has an internet presence in the USA. I own and run Urban Investment Group, a firm that invests in lower and middle class residential properties and manages the leasing of them. I have a PhD in Physics from MIT, and was in the United States Navy for 8 years, serving in the Persian Gulf War for 2 6-month missions.

I have been CHL for 15+ years in multiple states, now in McKinney, TX. I have only had to show my weapon once in Florida to a would-be carjacker (who's probably still running today). I did however have to shoot a home intruder 18 years ago in Florida who charged me with a screwdriver.

My everyday carry is a Springfield Armory Micro Compact 45 carried in a belt slide with retention strap, strong side. I have and love Glocks, but I personally do not like the no manual safety, and dont feel comfortable with it on me for daily carry.

I am a member of a number of forums online. I tend to have a sarcastic streak, all in good fun though.

So there you are, my life laid out for you to shred at will...

Cheers,

Big Mike
"That ain't no lady. That's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig."
-My Proud Father

LarryH
Posts in topic: 8

Post by LarryH »

Welcome to the forum, Bob and Mike.

vscott

Post by vscott »

Age - 47
Gender - Male
Profession/school status - International Space Station Software test facility
Marital status - Married (Kim) 2 kids; Alaina (5) and Austin (15M)
Years CHL - Still waiting
Carry guns/equipment - Will most likely carry an M&O 40 compact. Other handguns: Beretta 92FS, Baby Eagle 9 mm, Sig P226. Wife has a Beretta Tomcat 32 cal.
I enjoy bow hunting as well. Recently joined PCS in Friendswood and will be competing in my first IDPA match tomorrow.
NRA
TSRA
PSC

Took class 4/5/08
1/29/09 - 291 days - Plastic received
Project One Million:Texas - Click here ... NRA Today!

KJV

Post by KJV »

Age = 23
Gender = male
Profession/school status = waiter
Marital status = single
Years CHL = 1
Carry guns/equipment = makarov

My middle name is James but everyone calls me Jimmy.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy
John 10:10

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”