ar15 lowers in Dallas

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
melkor41
Posts in topic: 8

ar15 lowers in Dallas

Post by melkor41 »

I am only familiar with the gun stores in the Plano/Garland area and I was looking for some advice from people in other parts of the area. I am looking for a store that carries *stripped* ar15 lowers in the Dallas area. Perhaps this is a good time to find me a new gun store as I am started to get disappointed with the stores in my area.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ar15 lowers in Dallas

Post by anygunanywhere »

Try AR15.com and order on-line. Lots of FFLs on this forum to ship to. I bougtht three awhile back.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 4

Post by propellerhead »

Military Gun Supply on the east side of Fort Worth has them. But wait till after Thursday. I have to buy mine first.

Topic author
melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

propellerhead wrote:Military Gun Supply on the east side of Fort Worth has them. But wait till after Thursday. I have to buy mine first.
lol, do you know offhand what kind they carry and the price? - Nevermind found their page, just what im looking for DPMS or Stag for 109$! :hurry:

They have a lot of neat stuff on the web site, would have never known about this place.

also, any FFLs in the garland/richardson/plano area from this forum?
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it...kill the captain...and claim it as yours. : Lodge2004

grim-bob
Posts in topic: 2

Post by grim-bob »

melkor41 wrote:lol, do you know offhand what kind they carry and the price? - Nevermind found their page, just what im looking for DPMS or Stag for 109$! :hurry:
Careful taking their page price at face value. Those prices are usually online only. Walk in the store and the price typically goes up.
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

Cheaper Than Dirt sells DPMS lowers.
Usually they run $129.95, $99.95 on sale.
This week they are advertised on sale for ..... $129.95.

I don't know what those people are smoking sometimes.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

Looks like I am going to pick up a CMMG. I can get them directly from their web site for $119. Anyone suggest a reliable, inexpensive FFL? I have never done the FFL thing before so I do not know what to expect/look for.

I am near the Garland/Richardson border.

Vic303

Post by Vic303 »

RCS Guns in Anna (well, in Anna according to the USPS, but out in the countryside really).

Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg »

I recommend Robbie with Lone Star Wholesale. http://www.lonestarwholesale.com

He works the gun shows, no store front. His shop is in The Colony, though, and he'll get you what you need.

If you've been to any of the area gun shows, he's the one with the big blue Wilson Combat banner.

AEA

Post by AEA »

melkor41 wrote:Looks like I am going to pick up a CMMG. I can get them directly from their web site for $119. Anyone suggest a reliable, inexpensive FFL? I have never done the FFL thing before so I do not know what to expect/look for.

TNGHardware.com (Ted) in Frisco. 10.00 if you have a CHL.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I almost bought one from Euless Guns & Ammo - a DPMS lower.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

Military Gun Supply in East ft Worth has DPMS for $109.95 on their website.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Topic author
melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

AEA wrote:
melkor41 wrote:Looks like I am going to pick up a CMMG. I can get them directly from their web site for $119. Anyone suggest a reliable, inexpensive FFL? I have never done the FFL thing before so I do not know what to expect/look for.

TNGHardware.com (Ted) in Frisco. 10.00 if you have a CHL.
I work in plano so this is very doable. I dont have my plastic yet so I will need to findout the price.

Generally how does this work? I am going to pick up a pair of cmmgs from lonestarwholesale at the april 12th show. But in the future I have been looking at lowers on gunbroker.com and some rifles on buds gun shop.

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 4

Post by propellerhead »

grim-bob wrote:Careful taking their page price at face value. Those prices are usually online only. Walk in the store and the price typically goes up.
Their website listed stripped lower receivers for $109.95. I walked in today and paid that plus tax for a total of $119.02. :headscratch

Topic author
melkor41

Post by melkor41 »

propellerhead wrote:
grim-bob wrote:Careful taking their page price at face value. Those prices are usually online only. Walk in the store and the price typically goes up.
Their website listed stripped lower receivers for $109.95. I walked in today and paid that plus tax for a total of $119.02. :headscratch
109.95 * 1.0825 = 119.020875

If I dont see what I want at the DMH show on the 12th I will go the route you did.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”