School shooter shot by armed student

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
tornado
Posts in topic: 3

School shooter shot by armed student

Post by tornado »

A terrible terror attack in Jerusalem today. But according to this article...
“I went up on the roof and waited for the terrorist. Meanwhile, I saw blood and shattered glass,� [part-time student Yithak] Dadon said. “The terrorist continue firing in the air, so I waited to see him again, and then I shot him twice in the head.�
It took another shot from an IDF officer to finally bring the shooter down, but the number of dead and wounded would have been much higher were it not for a prepared student.

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 2

Re: School shooter shot by armed student

Post by Greybeard »

CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Texasdoc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texasdoc »

see if we had a legal way to carry at our schools and collages we might have the same outcome for the shootings we have had over the past years

That's why I would like to see addressed in the near future, if you have a CHL you should be able to carry anywhere in the state.
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

locknload

Post by locknload »

Texasdoc wrote:see if we had a legal way to carry at our schools and collages we might have the same outcome for the shootings we have had over the past years

That's why I would like to see addressed in the near future, if you have a CHL you should be able to carry anywhere in the state.
:iagree:

My hubby can't carry at his workplace. So, when he met me tonight for dinner at a local restaurant, he was unarmed. I thought about taking his gun and IWB holster to him, so I could say, "I hate eating with an unarmed man!" :fire However, I didn't do that, as it would have meant passing it to him out in the open. I long for the day, when we can sit down at a restaurant booth and put our guns on the table, along with our sun glasses, cell phones, keys and palm pilots, etc. ... and no one thinks a thing about it. Now, wouldn't that be nice? :thumbs2:

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Greybeard »

Quote from Israeli national news article:

"The part-time yeshiva student who killed the terrorist, 40-year-old Yitzchak Dadon, said that he shot the attacker in the head with his personal weapon. David Shapira, a yeshiva graduate and officer in the paratroopers, heard the shots from his nearby home, ran to the yeshiva and "finished [the terrorist] off."

I'd post a link, but some graphics there possibly unsuitable for some here ...
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

sceneshopninja

Post by sceneshopninja »

Texasdoc wrote:see if we had a legal way to carry at our schools and collages we might have the same outcome for the shootings we have had over the past years

:iagree:

As a college student, nothing fires me up like hearing about classrooms full of sheeple being mowed down by someone who obviously missed the 'Gun Free Zone' sign on his way in. :mad5
Ruger KP95PR
----------------------------------------
Course: 05/17/08 (-4 days)
Mailed: 05/19/08 (-2 days)
Received: 05/21/08 (0 days)
PIN: 06/26/08 (+36 days)
Processed: 10/05/08 (+137 days)
Plastic: 10/09/08 (+141 days)
----------------------------------------

http://www.concealedcampus.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

Greybeard wrote:Quote from Israeli national news article:

"The part-time yeshiva student who killed the terrorist, 40-year-old Yitzchak Dadon, said that he shot the attacker in the head with his personal weapon. David Shapira, a yeshiva graduate and officer in the paratroopers, heard the shots from his nearby home, ran to the yeshiva and "finished [the terrorist] off."

I'd post a link, but some graphics there possibly unsuitable for some here ...
Bottom line...NO on-duty LEO or military were involved in stopping this attack. He was engaged by a student and finished off by somebody living near the school. If the same thing happened in the U.S. the body count would have been significantly higher. By the time the police arrived he probably would have killed everybody at the school.

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

If you do not wish to see the gory graphics, don't look:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125487
I shot him in the head twice. I saw him start to stagger, and then David Shapira [a yeshiva graduate and paratroopers officer] arrived on the scene, shot him with his M-16 rifle, and then we emptied our magazines into him."

Topic author
tornado

Post by tornado »

Lodge2004 wrote:Bottom line...NO on-duty LEO or military were involved in stopping this attack.
And the news reports I keep hearing only say that he was shot by an Israeli military officer. No media bias, huh? :cup:

Apparently the bad guy fired 500-600 rounds, BTW. The good duys hit him with 3, but I haven't seen how many the fired. Couldn't have been many more than that, though.

I spent an hour and half at my son's school this morning (and 8 hours on Tuesday standing between voters and the kids). Remind me how they're safer because I followed the rules and didn't carry?!?! :headscratch

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

tornado wrote:Apparently the bad guy fired 500-600 rounds, BTW. The good duys hit him with 3, but I haven't seen how many the fired. Couldn't have been many more than that, though.
It looks like it only took the three to take him down. I don't know if they missed any before he went down, but once he did, they emptied their magazines to make sure he stayed down.

Topic author
tornado

Post by tornado »

Point well taken. You shoot to stop the threat, and you keep shooting until the threat is no longer a threat.

kdom

Post by kdom »

If you read the full article linked to by casinpoint, the student that shot the BG in the head did say both he and the off duty IDF paratrooper emptied their magazines into him after he dropped...he also proudly stated that he was using a AK-47 provided to him by his President and the government, but that fact was left out of the media...Paratrooper was firing his M-16...I'd bet its safe to say there were more than 3 slugs in the arab...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”