Lets see that MUZZLE BLAST...................

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Lets see that MUZZLE BLAST...................

Post by KD5NRH »

Taurus 605, 15gr of 2400 with a CCI magnum primer driving a 125gr Berry's plated bullet. I think I need a longer barrel for this load.

Bubba
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bubba »

Oh darn, now I have FLASH envy !

LOL

WarHawk-AVG

Re:

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Image
That would be the USS WHOAH
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

baboon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baboon »

I'll have to look for the ones of my wife shooting the AR-15 pistol with a 7.5 inch barrel! :thumbsup:

Topic author
Target1911
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Target1911 »

baboon wrote:I'll have to look for the ones of my wife shooting the AR-15 pistol with a 7.5 inch barrel! :thumbsup:

YES you do
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

baboon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baboon »

Target1911 wrote:
baboon wrote:I'll have to look for the ones of my wife shooting the AR-15 pistol with a 7.5 inch barrel! :thumbsup:

YES you do
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I cannot find them. With the birdcage on it was truely something to see, even in daylght. I switched to a Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor that directs the blast out away from the shooter.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 7

Re:

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Will938 wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote: ...plink...

That was cute! ;-)
Laughing at my .308 caliber bullets of doom is not permitted :evil:

Here is my friend shooting the sawed off w/ a 3" magnum 00 buck, the camera missed about half the muzzleflash but you can see just how bad it kicks.

Now thats more like it!!!

I wasn't laughing at you persay...Just in the general direction... ;-)

There is just something about a shotgun that makes me smile...

Haven't totally figureditout yet...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Re:

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Molon_labe wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:Image
That would be the USS WHOAH
That muzzle blast could theoretically singe yer eyebrows...slightly... :cool:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

So I went out shooting today with my new camera just so I could try and catch some muzzle blast off my Mosin-Nagant rifles. Unfortunately, it was absolutely clear and very sunny, so I couldn't get any to show up. I guess I'll just have to keep going to the range until I get some. ;-)
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

NcongruNt wrote:So I went out shooting today with my new camera just so I could try and catch some muzzle blast off my Mosin-Nagant rifles. Unfortunately, it was absolutely clear and very sunny, so I couldn't get any to show up. I guess I'll just have to keep going to the range until I get some. ;-)
The best trick I've found is to use the video mode at its highest frame rate, then slo-mo it later to see what you've got. Even at 30fps, I was surprised how many shots didn't show any flash, or just showed a tiny bit. OTOH, I didn't manage to get any at all off my M44 in full sun, so next time I'll try for an evening session with some near-max loads of something slow burning.

Anybody got any pet loads for 7.62x54R with 123gr bullets? I've got IMR4350, Win760, and H4831SC sitting here, and might be picking up something different soon.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

KD5NRH wrote:
NcongruNt wrote:So I went out shooting today with my new camera just so I could try and catch some muzzle blast off my Mosin-Nagant rifles. Unfortunately, it was absolutely clear and very sunny, so I couldn't get any to show up. I guess I'll just have to keep going to the range until I get some. ;-)
The best trick I've found is to use the video mode at its highest frame rate, then slo-mo it later to see what you've got. Even at 30fps, I was surprised how many shots didn't show any flash, or just showed a tiny bit. OTOH, I didn't manage to get any at all off my M44 in full sun, so next time I'll try for an evening session with some near-max loads of something slow burning.

Anybody got any pet loads for 7.62x54R with 123gr bullets? I've got IMR4350, Win760, and H4831SC sitting here, and might be picking up something different soon.
Yup, I ran it at high framerate and checked frame-by-frame afterwards. It looked like I would have had at least a few show up, had it not been for the overbearing sunlight..
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

austin

Re:

Post by austin »

jimlongley wrote:
KBCraig wrote:The Mark 2 turret, mounting three guns, has a lower limitation to depressing the guns based on the loading mechanism. All of the guns pictured appear to be at that elevation, leading to the assumption that a salute was being fired rather than any combat readiness exercise.

On the other hand, if those Phalanx CIWS Gatlings above the bridge were firing, then the very high velocity, flat trajectory, definitiion would fit, and it would make a pretty impressive mussle blast pic.
During the third naval battle of the Savo Sea two US destroyers closed to within feet of the Japanese flagship and battleship Hei causing severe damage to the superstructure and taking the Hei out of the fight.

I wonder what it was like to be on a little destroyer and pass so close to a huge battleship like that!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Batt ... uadalcanal

"Hiei, with her nine lit searchlights, huge size, and course taking her directly through the U.S. formation, became the focus of gunfire from many of the U.S. ships. Laffey passed so close to Hiei that they missed colliding by 20 feet (6 m).[35] Hiei was unable to depress her main or secondary batteries low enough to hit Laffey, but Laffey was able to rake Hiei’s superstructure with 5-inch shells and machine gun fire, causing heavy damage to Hiei’s superstructure and bridge, wounding Admiral Abe, and killing his chief of staff.[36] Admiral Abe was thereafter limited in his ability to direct his ships for the rest of the battle.[37] Sterett and O'Bannon likewise pumped several salvos into Hiei’s superstructure from close range, and perhaps one or two torpedoes into her hull, causing Hiei further damage, before both destroyers escaped into the darkness.[38]"

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

I wish I had pics of my brother shooting his AR. He's got an XM-177 barrel on it. It's 11.5 inches with a permanently mounted 5.5 inch flash suppressor on it. He's got the one with all the holes in it. It looks AWESOME at night! Baboon, you ever consider having your AR pistol registered as an SBR? I've thought about having one of mine registered as an SBR and getting a new upper for it. It's $200, and I've talked to some Class 3 dealers that do it all the time. The battle ship pics remind me of an article I read in a gun magazine awhile back about the retiring of the last battleship. It was a good read. I'll try to find it.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

I shot a few more .357 Magnum rounds tonight with the camera going.

CorBon PowRBall from the Blackhawk:

16gr 2400, CCI Magnum primer, 125gr Berry's plated bullet from the Blackhawk:

Same load in the Taurus 605:
Last edited by KD5NRH on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”