Question for pocket carriers'

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
JLaw
Posts in topic: 3

Question for pocket carriers'

Post by JLaw »

If you pocket carry a CCW, what type/style of pants do you find that work well? I'm particularly interested in pocket carry of revolvers, but info on SA's will work also.

I'd like to try out pocket-packing, but doing so in wranglers just won't work of course.

Thanks for the info.

JLaw

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Well, funny you should mention that. I generally have a North American Arms Guardian 380 in the right hip pocket. I wear Wranglers jeans off duty and Wranglers polyester slacks on duty. I have found that Wrangler Riata's seem to wear through pretty quickly in the pocket where the pistol rubs it though.
Steve Rothstein

USMC-COL

Pocket Carry

Post by USMC-COL »

A 642 loaded with Corbon DPX +p in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster fits well and becomes almost invisible in almost all of my trouser pockets, including jeans.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

I front pocket carry in Wranglers.

Either a J-frame, or a PM-9, or my Taurus 445.

Why won't pocket carry work in Wranglers?
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I pocket carry my Kahr PM9 in a Desantis Nemisis in the lower pocket of my cargo shorts during the summer. I can also carry in the front pocket of my Wranglers with no problem.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

JLaw,
For a long time I back pocket carried a Kel-Tec 3AT in a homemade holster. Covered it w/ a hankie & you could not stand right behind me & see anything looking down at my pocket.
I carry a Taruas 85 ultra-lite in my front pocket on Sundays. These are pleated pockets & again a homemade holster.
Back pocket carry in jeans is comfortable for me. Front would do fine w/ the KT I am sure.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
JLaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JLaw »

Mike1951 wrote: Why won't pocket carry work in Wranglers?
I guess I either need some relaxed fit wranglers or a bigger size alltogether! :oops:

I tried my Taurus 85 out with a Sideguard pocket holster and it seemed like the pocket was not deep enough, could barely squeeze all of the grip into the pocket. Once the gun was in my pocket, I couldn't fit my hand in to retrieve the gun!!!

JLaw

Xander

Post by Xander »

I carry my S&W 340PD J-Frame in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster in my front weak-side pants pocket, and I'm usually wearing regular or relaxed-fit jeans. (No Wranglers, or other tight-fitting styles...I can't get comfortable in them with or without a gun.) I've carried the same way in cargo pants as well.

Xander

Post by Xander »

JLaw wrote: I tried my Taurus 85 out with a Sideguard pocket holster and it seemed like the pocket was not deep enough, could barely squeeze all of the grip into the pocket. Once the gun was in my pocket, I couldn't fit my hand in to retrieve the gun!!!

JLaw
The other nice thing that I've found about relaxed fit jeans (besides being able to actually pull your gun! :grin:) is that the extra material and "give" for lack of a better word is better at keeping the gun from printing and making an obvious bulge in your pocket.

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

a disadvantage for some of us old "studly guys" that wear tight fittin' jeans. I have some jeans that I couldn't IWB an NAA mini :roll:
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

mkim1120

Post by mkim1120 »

i have a few pocket carries
i actually prefer them over a iwb carry
i own a sw 642, 442 and a taurus 85
all j frame hammerless revolvers
w/ a good pocket holster you will forget its even there

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

JLaw wrote:
Mike1951 wrote: Why won't pocket carry work in Wranglers?
I guess I either need some relaxed fit wranglers or a bigger size alltogether! :oops: JLaw
Let's remember that JLaw is about a 31" waist and can get away with tight jeans. ;-)

Moi, my Seecamp stays locked in a COM in the SUV, and goes into my pocket whenever I get out of it. I can't carry at work, and can't gear-up in the company parking lot, so on workdays it's the Seecamp and a G27. The Seecamp is small enough to tuck into my right front pocket quickly and surreptitiously. The G27 gets used if I have a jacket or something better than a basic slacks' front pocket.

Weekends, I can carry a .45. Thank goodness. I try to do all my errands on the weekends...
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

skiprr wrote
"Let's remember that JLaw is about a 31" waist and can get away with tight jeans. "

I know I have not seen him in about a yr now, but, uuuhhh, how did he gain all that weight so fast. :cool:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

solaritx

Post by solaritx »

dockers work for me (dress casual) with most small revolvers and Kel-Tec.

Jeans are a little more troublesome and have to use the Kel-Tec

BDU's are fine for most any small firearm.

I find that back pocket carry is not right for me, so carry in front pocket for BUG

Can't remember which one, but one of the "tactical" pants have a significantly deeper front pockets and friend was saying that he could / does carry a Glock-19 in there without problem.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Check the holsters area of this forum. I posted about a great pocket holster made by Mika, a former cop. No printing.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”