Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Once again....Legal Carry or No?

Post by Mithras61 »

Renegade wrote:
Mithras61 wrote:
Ellington Field is a military installation, and they historically have specifically prohibited firearms at Wings Over Houston.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ington.htm

Ellington Field (EFD) is a joint use civil/military airport. Acquired by the City of Houston in 1984, Ellington now supports the operations of the United States military, NASA, Continental Express, United Parcel Service and general aviation. The airport is home to the largest flying club in Texas and is the site of the annual Wings Over Houston Airshow. Ellington Field is located approximately 15 miles south of downtown Houston, near I-45/Gulf Freeway, the major highway heading from the City to NASA and Galveston Island. The airport is operated and maintained by the Houston Airport System.

Looks like city property.
Okay, so knock yerself out. It's used by AF, TANG & various other military, and I don't think I'll take the chance that the MPs will agree with you.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KBCraig »

AFJailor wrote:I say this as a Military Cop...DONT carry on a military base, i cant think of a single one that allows carry of any kind on the installation.
Fort Knox, KY does, just not in buildings.

USAF is pretty consistently anti-gun, but Army installation commanders have a great deal of latitude to set their own rules as they see fit.

Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

I'll add my 2 cents. Last time i went, they had people at the door asking everyone if they had any type of knifes, weapons on them when they entered. I had to take my knife back to the car. :sad:
Springfield XD-9 9mm
FEG PA-63 9x18mm
RRA Elite CAR AR-15 5.56mm
Remington 870 Express 12ga.
Marlin Mdl 60 .22
Winchester Mdl 70 Featherweight .30-06

MrKrinkle

Post by MrKrinkle »

The info above is a bit dated, neither UPS or CoEx operate out of EFD any longer. [/quote]

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”