Finally! Grand Opening!! New Indoor Range in Hou on 10/6/7!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Boma
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Boma »

I was there today, and Mac is a nice guy. My girlfriend, and I had a good time. I'll be back.

mdek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mdek »

I went to the new range saturday afternoon and was quite impressed. As expected, everyone was extremely pleasant (especially Mac), and the range itself was great. I highly recommend it if you live nearby. Unfortunately for me it's quite a long drive to get there, but I liked it enough that I'll make the trip occasionally.

Congratulations, Mac, and good luck with getting everything running smoothly into the future!

Velocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Velocity »

mdek wrote:I went to the new range saturday afternoon and was quite impressed. As expected, everyone was extremely pleasant (especially Mac), and the range itself was great. I highly recommend it if you live nearby. Unfortunately for me it's quite a long drive to get there, but I liked it enough that I'll make the trip occasionally.

Congratulations, Mac, and good luck with getting everything running smoothly into the future!
I stopped by yesterday afternoon as well and ran thru a couple hundred rounds. Very nice range - some of the fastest "target runners" (the wire/pulley system that moves targets out for you) I've seen - startled me the first time when I sent a target out! :grin:

Luckily, it's pretty close to me, so I suspect I'll be by frequently in the future!

Also was entertained watching the "test firing" of a .50 hand cannon while I was in there. Mac/Jeff/Steve, I COULD easily hear that outside - the reports outside sounded about the same as my 9mm INSIDE did... However, I'm not sure if someone inside one of the buildings nearby would of noticed.

htxred
Posts in topic: 7

Post by htxred »

what are the hours? im not sure i'll be able to make it today but would love to stop by after work tomorrow.

Kyle(Houston)

Post by Kyle(Houston) »

htxred wrote:what are the hours? im not sure i'll be able to make it today but would love to stop by after work tomorrow.
I went by today also...very nice place. I will go back for sure. :grin:

htxred...they did say today that they are closed on Mondays.

ZigMund

Post by ZigMund »

I went to the range on sat, had bbq, and chatted with a few people. Then I dropped just over 400 rounds. I had a blast, and really enjoyed myself. since I live in Tomball, so their range is the most accessible to me. Even though I know the Mac Truck family well, I will always go to this range since it's close, indoor, and the people are great.

I really had to put my XD 45 through the paces (read get rid of the WWB I had). I shot up all the WWB, and moved on to my 200gr hand loads. WOW!!! I repeat, WOW!! shooting those reloads was like shooting a 9mm. I plan on bringing in a flag or two, and some decorations for the walls there for the range.

Although I'm rambling, this range was very very friendly, and the atmosphere is just tops!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

Awesome! this is now the closest range to my house. I'm definately stopping by soon :cool:
Springfield XD-9 9mm
FEG PA-63 9x18mm
RRA Elite CAR AR-15 5.56mm
Remington 870 Express 12ga.
Marlin Mdl 60 .22
Winchester Mdl 70 Featherweight .30-06

htxred

Post by htxred »

just to verify, .223 rnds are allowed correct? i should be there today lil after 5.

NguyenVanDon

Post by NguyenVanDon »

I want to say Thank you Mac, Jeff, and Dad for opening up the range. Mac wasn't there, but Jeff took care of me and my friends really well. Very nice and friendly guy that will make everyone feel comfortable like you are at home. The range itself gets an A+ in my book. The shooting range maybe needs a little more lighting so you can see the target, but that's just a small problem I see. Everything else looks great though.

My brother just turned 21 today. Him and my close friend will be taking their CHL course there either in the Spring or Summer. The atmosphere will be great for having a CHL class. I will probably be taking my renew course here also when my license expire.

I want to thank you Jeff one more time for hooking me and my friends up because it saved me a lot of money. You guys have just earned yourself a bunch of repeat customers in the upcoming future ;-). BTW Jeff, Sigs are great guns, but Glocks are 10x better :grin: JK JK...

I will also spread the great news to my fellow local Houston shooters on Houston-Imports.com about the range.

In all, this has been a great day I had in awhile. I will come back and visit again in Nov.

:grin:

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

I met two of my buddies at Shiloh yesterday and we had a great time shooting our pistols and AK's. There are not many places where you can practice close-range shooting with rifles. Who knows, your next rifle shot may be 20-30 feet. After shooting, we pulled up a chair up front and had a nice visit with the proprietors. See you again soon.
Gun control = hitting where you aim

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Mac Truck wrote:REVISED RANGE RULES:

1. $4 off for LEO/Military for lane rental
2. YOU CAN shoot aluminum now, but just promise us that you will do your best to pick up your own casings when you are finished.
3. The price no longer is "per hour", it is a flat rate for any amount of time.
4. Charging per shooter is just the way it is. As far as I know, we are one of the only ranges in the area that even offer a discount for the second shooter. Its usually "per person".
5. Rapid fire all you want. The faster you shoot, the faster you'll come buy ammo! :grin:

I think you did the right thing here. I think charging per hour might have put ya out of business. Also, brass and casings are a "gift" to the range. Never look a gift horse. congrats on the changes and because of them I will stop by.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Mac Truck wrote:
Hey Man, at least we're not charging full price for the 2nd shooter. Show me a range in Houston that even offers a discount for the second person!
Baileys House of Guns @ 521 and Beltway 8. There is no charge for the second person, or even 3rd. I was there yesterday.

ShilohShooters

Thanks to our customers!

Post by ShilohShooters »

I just wanted to thank all of our great customers that have come by and enjoyed our range. MacTruck is usually the voice of Shiloh S.R., but I have had such a great time with all of you guys ( and ladies! ) that I wanted to log on and thank everyone myself! Our family plans on offering a place where everyone feels welcome and has a good, safe time in a friendly enviroment, and from all the great customers we've had so far, I can tell you that all that work and sweat was well worth it! We would like to see more lunch time shooters, (as we are burning through too much of our inventory ammo personally), so we will talk to Pops about a lunch hour special. Please call for details. We are also finally selling firearms. When you buy from us, we would like to show you our appreciation by offering you a lane free of charge to help you get to know your new investment. Thanks again to all, we look forward to seeing you soon and Tactical Workouts begin Nov. 7th, 7-9pm. BE THERE! Oh yeah, Don, Im still going to sell you the SIG Blackwater... However, I'll have to sleep on taking your Glock in on trade! JK JK
Target hangers are not targets.

NguyenVanDon

Re: Thanks to our customers!

Post by NguyenVanDon »

ShilohShooters wrote:I just wanted to thank all of our great customers that have come by and enjoyed our range. MacTruck is usually the voice of Shiloh S.R., but I have had such a great time with all of you guys ( and ladies! ) that I wanted to log on and thank everyone myself! Our family plans on offering a place where everyone feels welcome and has a good, safe time in a friendly enviroment, and from all the great customers we've had so far, I can tell you that all that work and sweat was well worth it! We would like to see more lunch time shooters, (as we are burning through too much of our inventory ammo personally), so we will talk to Pops about a lunch hour special. Please call for details. We are also finally selling firearms. When you buy from us, we would like to show you our appreciation by offering you a lane free of charge to help you get to know your new investment. Thanks again to all, we look forward to seeing you soon and Tactical Workouts begin Nov. 7th, 7-9pm. BE THERE! Oh yeah, Don, Im still going to sell you the SIG Blackwater... However, I'll have to sleep on taking your Glock in on trade! JK JK
Jeff, I appreciate what you did for me and my friends last Saturday. It was nice of you. I have a few shooters that I know work near ya'lls range. I'll give them a call to drop by there and shoot during their lunch break. If you are planning on doing a lunch hour special, I think that would attract more customers during that time of day too.

Whenever I'm in town again (Maybe Nov. or Dec.), I'll drop by and try out the private range you were talking about. I think a few of my CHL buddies over at Houston-Imports.com would be interested in the Tactical Workout ya'll set up. I'll keep them updated about it bro.

:thumbsup:

htxred

Post by htxred »

Jeff, Don is a big dork.

-Ngoc (guy with the Dan Wesson CBOB 1911)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”