Thoughts on a Taurus .44 Mag revolver

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Thoughts on a Taurus .44 Mag revolver

Post by RPBrown »

I have a friend that has lost her husband and she is selling some of his things. Among the items are a couple of guns. I have already agreed to purchase a S & W 686 but he also had a Taurus Tracker in a.44 mag with 4" barrel. Now, I am not a big Taurus fan but mostly in the semi-auto. I have never shot one of their revolvers. This one is so clean, I'm not sure it was ever fired. If it was, not very many rounds went through it.
What are your thoughts? Price is right.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Thoughts on a Taurus .44 Mag revolver

Post by Tex1961 »

What I don't understand is why is not already sitting in your gun safe.. :shock:

Taurus revolvers from what I've seen have a pretty good rep... If the price is right go for it.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:49 am What I don't understand is why is not already sitting in your gun safe.. :shock:

Taurus revolvers from what I've seen have a pretty good rep... If the price is right go for it.
:iagree:

They are made on the S&W pattern, and in some cases, used the same equipment to make them. I know that new ones come with a lifetime warranty.
I would not hesitate, to grab one at the right price. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Get it and enjoy! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:49 am What I don't understand is why is not already sitting in your gun safe.. :shock:

Like I said, never been a big fan of Taurus, but mainly semi's. I had never shot nor heard good or bad things about their revolvers.
She was asking only $250.00 for it. After reading reviews and with some of you already answering my post, I just called and offered her $350.00 for it (she is a friend). She started Crying and accepted the offer.
Between these two, my new rifle, and ammo, my gun/fun money has played out for this quarter. :biggrinjester:
Last edited by RPBrown on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Good show RPBrown! You both are winners on this sale.

rotor

Post by rotor »

The 44Tracker SS model got an A rating by Guntests which is more than they give most Taurus revolvers. I have no personal experience with it. Actually beat out S&W 69 and Ruger GP100.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

RPBrown wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Like I said, never been a big fan of Taurus, but mainly semi's. I had never shot nor heard god or bad things about their revolvers.
She was asking only $250.00 for it. After reading reviews and with some of you already answering my post, I just called and offered her $350.00 for it (she is a friend). She started Crying and accepted the offer.
Between these two, my new rifle, and ammo, my gun/fun money has played out for this quarter. :biggrinjester:
Excellent! Fine thing you did.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

RPBrown wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 pm

Like I said, never been a big fan of Taurus, but mainly semi's. I had never shot nor heard god or bad things about their revolvers.
Good for you! :tiphat: You'll be pleased with it. Their revolvers have a good reputation and they used S&W equipment and design when they began manufacturing wheel guns.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Weg

Post by Weg »

Very kind gesture giving her more than the asking price.. that being said, I’ve owned 2 Taurus revolvers, a 3” .38 that I’ve never had a problem with, and a Raging Bull in .454 that had to go back after it locked up after a few years. By locked up I mean the cylinder started binding after about 3-400 rounds of a mix between .45 long colt and full house 454 loads. They returned it quickly, but their notes indicated they shaved metal off the forcing cone to fix it, which is worrisome considering how few rounds had been through it. On a positive note, the thing has always been a tack driver.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”