What is it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

What is it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget.

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/ ... 18065.html
What's it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget. Everybody knows BB guns are scary looking and ought to be banned, but I thought I would try to shoot one without any preconceived notions. What I encountered changed me forever.

I took a deep breath and determined to enter a Wal-Mart. A "greeter" met me with, "Howdy, welcome to Wal-Mart." I'm from the north. We don't say "Howdy". I sneer back at the microaggression and strain to hold back tears of rage. Barely controlling myself, I asked where I could find a BB gun. He directed me to "sporting goods," still smiling and gloating over his slyly delivered offense.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What is it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget.

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/ ... 18065.html
What's it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget. Everybody knows BB guns are scary looking and ought to be banned, but I thought I would try to shoot one without any preconceived notions. What I encountered changed me forever.

I took a deep breath and determined to enter a Wal-Mart. A "greeter" met me with, "Howdy, welcome to Wal-Mart." I'm from the north. We don't say "Howdy". I sneer back at the microaggression and strain to hold back tears of rage. Barely controlling myself, I asked where I could find a BB gun. He directed me to "sporting goods," still smiling and gloating over his slyly delivered offense.
I had to retreat to my safe space after reading that. I've sent several unanswered emails to my friends, family and therapist to let them know I am unable to leave after the terrible trauma I lived through this poor person. No one has replied. I hope I'll be able to leave before the battery dies on my lap top. I forgot to bring my cell phone, so I can make no calls, so my computer will be my only hope of contacting the outside world. AAHHHH!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jusme

Re: What is it like to fire a Daisy BB gun? It's an experience I'll never forget.

Post by Jusme »

"rlol" "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

shooter37

Post by shooter37 »

Now that's better than my Hillary boble head..........

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

puma guy wrote:

I had to retreat to my safe space after reading that. I've sent several unanswered emails to my friends, family and therapist to let them know I am unable to leave after the terrible trauma I lived through this poor person. No one has replied. I hope I'll be able to leave before the battery dies on my lap top. I forgot to bring my cell phone, so I can make no calls, so my computer will be my only hope of contacting the outside world. AAHHHH!
I'm still cleaning my morning coffee from all over my keyboard...... :lol:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

howdy

Post by howdy »

I agree with one comment. "A BB gun is a gateway gun....it leads to more guns." I am living proof of this. I started with a Daisy and now I have MORE. I still have a Daisy too.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Excaliber wrote:
puma guy wrote:

I'm still cleaning my morning coffee from all over my keyboard...... :lol:
Thank goodness someone has read my post. I'm fearful of leaving my safe space, with no answered emails. Fading fast from dehydration and my laptop battery is just about de
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

"rlol" "rlol"

This is awesome. I read it on Townhall.com and thought...yes, finally use ridicule and comedy against the left... :thumbs2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Weg

Post by Weg »

Hilarious!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Thanks. Best laugh in a while.
Off to find that AR manly journalist. He needs to read this
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

Now I want a Daisy BB upper for my AR...

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Whatta maroon. He didn't even get the Red Ryder model with the compass in the stock. That one kicks REALLY hard. Just ask Black Bart. :mrgreen:
(love that movie....)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Hard-hitting investigative journalist, Gersh Kuntzman, in a follow-up to his first-person piece on the devastating experience of shooting an AR-15, located a group of men who had recently purchased a Daisy BB gun. These men, fans of Kuntzman's recent fair and impartial work, agreed to let the journalist and his cameraman accompany them to a shooting range.

Bravely facing the traumatic and unrelenting PTSD demons that now clutch at his very soul after shooting the unimaginably destructive AR-15, Kuntzman witnessed rounds down range from a BB gun. He posted this video report of the surprising and unexpected power of the BB gun, what prior generations in rural areas astonishingly considered a device suitable for children.

Kuntzman's recent articles about guns and America's gun culture have gone viral, but witnessing the firing of this BB gun was the final limit, a terminus. Unfortunately, he is relinquishing his journalism career, moving to Moosejaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, and will now concentrate only on his lifelong hobby of macrame employing only plastic soda straws...

Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”