Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

We are glad you joined Reeves :hurry:

AFJailor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AFJailor »

Age- 22
Gender- Male
Profession/school status- Security Forces (MP), USAF/Associates degree in Criminal Justice.
Marital status- Married to my wife for....uhhhh almost 3 years, i think.
Years CHL- 1 (Actually dont even have my Texas CHL but i have my North Dakota CCL which is reciprical with TX)
Carry guns/equipment- Sig P220 .45, Sig P232 .380, Ruger GP-100 .357 mag, S&W 29-2 .44 mag, DPMS AR-15 w/ bull barrel and a few other goodies .223, and a Savage 30.06.
USAF
SSgt, Combat Arms
NRA Member
ND CCL Holder
"I've got a firm policy on gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it." -Clint Eastwood
Μολών λαβέ!
Sadly I lost all my guns in a boating accident in the Gulf of Mexico :(

nuparadigm
Posts in topic: 21

Post by nuparadigm »

Howdy, AFJailor! Come on in.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

CoffeeAddict
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CoffeeAddict »

I'm new...name is John. I'm 22, from Houston, TX. About 10 minutes from Ellington Field and Johnson Space Center. I have a government size Springfield Milspec 1911 that is at the gunsmith's right now (Ed Vandenburg) for a trigger job and beavertail install. When I get it back I'm going to get into a CHL class. Can anyone recommend somewhere to take the class? I have membership at PSC. I think they teach it at PSC and Texas City but I don't know the people who teach the courses.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Liberty »

CoffeeAddict wrote:I'm new...name is John. I'm 22, from Houston, TX. About 10 minutes from Ellington Field and Johnson Space Center. I have a government size Springfield Milspec 1911 that is at the gunsmith's right now (Ed Vandenburg) for a trigger job and beavertail install. When I get it back I'm going to get into a CHL class. Can anyone recommend somewhere to take the class? I have membership at PSC. I think they teach it at PSC and Texas City but I don't know the people who teach the courses.
Drop El Gato a line and you will them know the Headmaster down in Texas City.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

AFJailor wrote:Age- 22
Gender- Male
Profession/school status- Security Forces (MP), USAF/Associates degree in Criminal Justice.
Marital status- Married to my wife for....uhhhh almost 3 years, i think.
Years CHL- 1 (Actually dont even have my Texas CHL but i have my North Dakota CCL which is reciprical with TX)
Carry guns/equipment- Sig P220 .45, Sig P232 .380, Ruger GP-100 .357 mag, S&W 29-2 .44 mag, DPMS AR-15 w/ bull barrel and a few other goodies .223, and a Savage 30.06.

Welcome aboard AFJailor.

It's good to see another AF person in here.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 50

Post by seamusTX »

CoffeeAddict wrote:I'm new...name is John. I'm 22, from Houston, TX. About 10 minutes from Ellington Field and Johnson Space Center.... Can anyone recommend somewhere to take the class? I have membership at PSC. I think they teach it at PSC and Texas City but I don't know the people who teach the courses.
Welcome to the forum.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... .php?t=127
You will not regret attending Tom Estep's class. I'm sure PSC is equally good.

- Jim

roadrunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by roadrunner »

I'm new here.... been lurking around for a while....
I have just completed my chl class and now in the waiting phase of the process.
I live in a small town East of Temple,Tx. I came here searching for info on more training beyond the chl class.
As a woman, I've also been checking out all the resources specific to ladies and concealed carry.
so far, lots of good info... thanks for all your collective wisdom!
Liz

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to all of the new members. I know you will enjoy the forum.
AFJailor wrote:Marital status- Married to my wife for....uhhhh almost 3 years, i think.
:nono: AFJ you better figure this out before you do anything else!

RKirby
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RKirby »

AndyC

Welcome to the forum, our country and The Great State of Texas! I am also a former Brit and a naturalized citizen, although in my case I became a citizen in 1960. Pull up a chair and stay awhile. There's no finer place on the web to hang out and learn.

You'll also find several familiar names who are also THR alumni among the members. You'll feel right at home.
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome Andy to America and the Forum.

nuparadigm
Posts in topic: 21

Post by nuparadigm »

Howdy, AndyC and welcome to the Forum, Texas and the USA!
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”