small but not light weight gun in 9mm?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: small but not light weight gun in 9mm?

Post by Pawpaw »

While definitely not a pocket pistol, the Sig P239 is a compact pistol that works well for smaller hands. It will fit in a coat pocket, but not a pants pocket.

It has an aluminum frame, but is not a featherweight. It's available in 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40 cal.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

AMT-9 backup. No experience with it but it does fit the description.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

aaangel wrote:kimber solo

I have both the Solo and the EMP. The Solo is clearly most concealable, but definitely NOT a range gun. The EMP is the best compromise that I have found, it is both concealable and good for the range, however YMMV.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

jed

Post by jed »

koine2002 wrote:While you won't get a new one, I'd recommend a Smith & Wesson 3913 or a 6906. The 3rd Generation Smiths are something to behold. You can frequently get good deals on used 3rd generation models. I purchased my own 5904 for $159 about a year ago.
I love my 3913, but for me it's a little big and not as concealable as I like. It is my OC go to while out on my place. While out and about CCing I prefer the LC9S first and tied for second is the Shield and 3913.

aggie67

Post by aggie67 »

My wife was carrying EDC a SIG 238 but when the 938 came out, I had to buy her one. Both of us think it is an easily carried pocket or lady carry, but it is a pleasure to shoot. Hers feeds everything we load into the mag, even handloads. Youngest daughter now owns the 238,

charliee

Post by charliee »

I know the original poster asked about metal frames, but I'd like to comment on the Sig. P938 and the Kahr CM9. I have each and much prefer the Kahr to the Sig. for pocket carry. Also, remember that single action autos need to be carried cocked and locked. Some people don't feel comfortable doing that. That's something you have to decide for yourself. But my main objection to the P938 is the ambi thumb safety. IMO, its too small and the right safety is placed just where my trigger finger rest when drawing.

The Wall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Wall »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Here you go. This would be my choice. Not sure it is actually pocket size though.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/produ ... -emp-9-mm/

:iagree: My EDC, it is a terrific firearm! Easy to conceal, smooth shooting and accurate, 9 rnd mags.
How could I have forgot my EMP? I guess the OP asking for a small heavy gun threw me off. :lol: The EMP has perfect weight and feel in my opinion.
Accurate for me also. I think the price scares some folks off, but the gun is worth every ¢. Fit, feel, and function are fantastic.

ricor

Post by ricor »

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

parabelum wrote:Glock 43 hands down.

But I'm of course partial to glock.

Hands down agree w/ Him :iagree: 1000.%!
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I have this like new STI Elektra Blue, 9mm for sale. 3 factory mags are included.

$1,250 FTF with CHL in Dallas area.

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Walther PPS. Thin, not light but not heavy and an easy shooter with 147gr rounds. And you can get them for the same price range as any other small 9mm right now. :woohoo
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”