Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

GeorgetownJD
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by GeorgetownJD »

Hello All,

New to posting but long-time lurker. Based in the Austin Metro, been shooting for 15+ years but have relocated many times for work so haven't been able to get a CHL. Finally settled for good in TX and hope to have my plastic soon . . . been almost 30 days.

I have and plan to carry my S&W Shield 9 when my plastic arrives. Look forward to learning from those on the board!

No Quarter

Post by No Quarter »

47 yrs old
Male
Entrepreneur/Business Owner
Married 24 years and counting
Got my CHL in 1996
House District 122
Glock 26/19, Colt New Agent, Walther PPK/S, Seecamp .32, Bond Arms .45 Colt

Good to be here. I see a lot of old faces that I have dealt with in the past on other boards, including carlson1 whom I had many a trade deal with back in Irving Texas a decade or so ago.
Last edited by No Quarter on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome No Quarter! :tiphat:

Atxdan

Post by Atxdan »

Male
Home builder
Married
CHL going on 6 years
EDC: Summer-Ruger LCRx in a Sticky Holster, Winter-Glock 27 in a Sticky Holster

jh7107

Post by jh7107 »

Just joined the site a few days ago. Loads of info here for sure.

Male
Draftsman for Oil & Gas Flanges/Fittings
Living with GF
From Pasadena, but live in Houston outside the loop.
Will be taking the test next weekend - 12/19.
Will be carrying a Springfield XDs 45 in a Triple T holster.

Antares

Post by Antares »

I just recently moved to Texas from rural MO a town called Knob Noster (don't Laugh) the B2 bomber is there at Whiteman AFB. We moved after 37 years there to be close to family. My wife and I are 67 years old and retired from Civil Service. I used to program computers and my wife was an accountant. I was in the Air Force from 1966 - 1978, and I met my wife at Westover AFB Mass. I didn't retire from the AF because I lost most of my hearing when I was stationed in Guam. 70% disabled Vet.

I had a MO CCW license for about 5 years and recently took the Texas CHL class and am now officially waiting to get the license. I traded in a Walther P 38 to get a sig 320 c 9MM which I shot to qualify for CHL right out of the box and I was impressed with the results. I also have a Sig p226 Blackwater, a Ruger LC9s, Model 12 S&W 357, my discreet pocket carry NAA 22 mag that folds over to be unprintable. Ruger 22 single six, Bersa thunder 380 and a Mark 111 22. That's enough about me I am currently living in El Lago, TX. with my wife and three wiener dogs.
God Bless our Military and the United States

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

Antares wrote:I just recently moved to Texas from rural MO a town called Knob Noster (don't Laugh) the B2 bomber is there at Whiteman AFB.
I was TDY to Whiteman for a couple of weeks sometime in the early 80's.

I don't know what Knob Noster is like now, but back then after looking it over we decided to stay at some motel up on 50 (La Monte?)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

paulnkathy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by paulnkathy »

In the LTC process.Finished LTC class, Onine application doesn't recognise me..."not in our system". Why?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the Forum paulnkathy . Be patient and the website will change. It appears from reading post here on the Forum that people have their license in hands often before the website updates.

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

I can't Apply yet. It won't let me. Not recognizing my Dr Lic # or DD number. Cannot complete the Application online. Offices closed for the holidays, Mon or jan 1?

Idratherbecamping
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Idratherbecamping »

Welcome to the forum!

:thewave
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!
Glock 17, because a six shooter doesn't hold enough bullets the way I shoot!
:patriot:

Lena

Post by Lena »

I just found this forum today 1-1-16, this is a great place. If I could ever be of help to anyone just ask, I have casted bullets and reloaded all my life and still do so on my old Star Universal and Dillion RL1000, as well as shotshells. I have lots of reloading experience and glad to share it also with wildcat rifle calibers, especially 6mm cals.
I am an life long shooter and have shot competitive all my long life in many different aspects, 2 yrs on Army pistol team before discharge. Competed In pistol, rifle trap and skeet, also avid varmint hunter. My favorite in Action pistol at night with flashlights.
Age slows you down but it sure does not lessen the enjoyment.
I took the 1st CHL class in Tarrant Co when the law went into force and carry daily, mostly a 2nd gen Glock 32 or for special occasions dad's Swenson 1911. I live in a rural area and sometimes shoot daily.
Give me a shout anytime !
Stay Safe

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

Welcome, Lena.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 89

Post by WildBill »

Lena wrote:I just found this forum today 1-1-16, this is a great place. If I could ever be of help to anyone just ask, I have casted bullets and reloaded all my life and still do so on my old Star Universal and Dillion RL1000, as well as shotshells. I have lots of reloading experience and glad to share it also with wildcat rifle calibers, especially 6mm cals.
I am an life long shooter and have shot competitive all my long life in many different aspects, 2 yrs on Army pistol team before discharge. Competed In pistol, rifle trap and skeet, also avid varmint hunter. My favorite in Action pistol at night with flashlights.
Age slows you down but it sure does not lessen the enjoyment.
I took the 1st CHL class in Tarrant Co when the law went into force and carry daily, mostly a 2nd gen Glock 32 or for special occasions dad's Swenson 1911. I live in a rural area and sometimes shoot daily.
Give me a shout anytime !
Welcome to the forum Lena. :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

I found that I had used the wrong number for the application. All was submittted on Dec 31, 2015. I have heard it will take from 6 weeks to 2 months. For the License To Carry Card to arrive. Is that true?
I had a Beretta 92P pistol in 84 and some rifles . Have not had or fired a weapon in 30 years. I did great on the field shooting exercise test. I was sooo surprised and glad. On line vides ohelped alot. Shoot from the front sight. Made all the difference. Now I need A LOT MORE TRAINING. Study the Laws and practice practice practice the right things the right way.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”