Wrong Date

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
tankplunkett
Posts in topic: 2

Wrong Date

Post by tankplunkett »

I had a class on Jan 25 and I thought that everything went fine. Until monday morning when one of my students emailed me and pointed out that I put the wrong date his the CHL 100, which means I put the wrong date on everyone's CHL 100. I put the date as Jan 25, 2013 istead of 2014. I quickly sent an email to all of the students to let them know that I would get new forms to them as soon as possible.

My question is, can the student change the date on the form before submitting it to DPS or do I have to give them a new form? I emailed DPS on monday but haven't heard back from them yet. As I said, I went ahead and gave the new forms, but would like to know for future reference.

Thanks
Tank

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wrong Date

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The only form you'll send to DPS is an "Amended-Corrected" CHL-8. I would include an explanation in the comment box when you upload it to DPS.

Before I created the automated system CHLregistration.com, I used a stand-alone Excel spreadsheet and put in my AOPA member number that's very close to my Instructor/CHL number. :oops: I sent an email to DPS and explained the situation and emailed a corrected CHL-100 to each of my students. I also reminded them to sign the new form and send it in. (We couldn't upload forms back then.)

Since it was a January class, I'm sure you not the only Instructor who forgot to put 2014 instead of 2013.

Chas.

Topic author
tankplunkett
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wrong Date

Post by tankplunkett »

Luckily I didn't actually submit anything to DPS before the mistake was found. I didn't know that I could sumbit a "Amended-Correct" CHL 8 so thats good to know. I still have not heard back from DPS and I'm still curious what they will say.

Tank

Return to “Instructors' Corner”