Instructor Renewal Application question and fingerprints

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
GrannyGlock
Posts in topic: 3

Instructor Renewal Application question and fingerprints

Post by GrannyGlock »

Electronic fingerprints are listed on the CHL-90. Do they have to be redone? how do we know?

Can the Barcode page be submitted electronically?

Application : Received (this is still yellow)
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Certificate : Issuance pending completion of application review and/or instructor's training

kg5ie
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Instructor Renewal Application question and fingerprints

Post by kg5ie »

If your prints were not electronic before, and it is on the checklist, then you will have to have them redone. I did. Also, per what we were told in Houston two weeks ago, you do not have to submit the bar-code....but you can. Keep a copy of your print records to track them down if they get misplaced. Yes on submitting electronic. This seems to be their preferred method on most things these days.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Topic author
GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

Thanks, Bill,

My fingerprints were not initially electronically submitted, but I have had a CHL renewal since so I assume they were successfully digitilized at the time of renewal. Any thoughts on that?

switch

Post by switch »

Isn't the CHL-90 used for initial applicants also?

I don't think you need to resubmit fingerprints unless DPS asks.

Topic author
GrannyGlock

Post by GrannyGlock »

It is required for new Instructor Applications as well.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

GrannyGlock wrote:It is required for new Instructor Applications as well.
But don't think it is required for Instructor renewal if they already have them. Would suggest a call to DPS and ask.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

My understanding is that they were requesting new CHL-90's on everyone this year----in order to get the instructor certifications other than CHL

Mine is showing fingerprints also--and mine were electronic

Wonder if that is part of what Sherrie was talking about that they are just waiting till they get it all set up to update everything?
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

switch

Post by switch »

I suspect we will have to file CHL-90's every time we renew our instructor certificates. Have to update the expiration dates on our NRA certs. Just like we had to fill out the CHL-85,86 and 87's online when we renewed our CHL's.

mommagamber

Post by mommagamber »

Has anybody heard anything on the CHL renewals other then what we found out at the conference? It is driving me crazy :lol: Per the instructions I got it said we could submit our paperwork by email. Did y'all email it in or mail it in? I always worry they don't get something or I am going to miss an email from them. :headscratch
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

mommagamber wrote:Has anybody heard anything on the CHL renewals other then what we found out at the conference? It is driving me crazy :lol: Per the instructions I got it said we could submit our paperwork by email. Did y'all email it in or mail it in? I always worry they don't get something or I am going to miss an email from them. :headscratch
I uploaded it on the DPS website. Sherrie said they would start sending class invitations when they make a final decision on when, where and how many. Also, no instructor will get class notification until they apply for renewal, pay the fee, and the background check is completed.

Chas.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

I sent in the CHL-90 back in April. My status has been as shown below since I was able to check it online...
Certificate Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mommagamber wrote:Has anybody heard anything on the CHL renewals other then what we found out at the conference? It is driving me crazy :lol: Per the instructions I got it said we could submit our paperwork by email. Did y'all email it in or mail it in? I always worry they don't get something or I am going to miss an email from them. :headscratch
I uploaded it on the DPS website. Sherrie said they would start sending class invitations when they make a final decision on when, where and how many. Also, no instructor will get class notification until they apply for renewal, pay the fee, and the background check is completed.

Chas.
Slightly OT, but any idea when they'll start sending invitations? I've been waiting since March.

switch

Post by switch »

They said in September.

mommagamber

Post by mommagamber »

RottenApple wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I sent all that in on June 30th (exactly 6 months before expiration) Paperwork said we could not submit before then. I just want to know they got it. I paid the fee back in January when they sent out the wrong notifications. I worry too much about things I cannot control!
I conceal carry because I choose not to be a victim.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

mommagamber wrote:
RottenApple wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I just want to know they got it.
Log onto the DPS website and check your status. It should say that the background investigation is ongoing. I just checked mine.

Chas.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”