Cardboard Targets Cost and Source ????

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cardboard Targets Cost and Source ????

Post by howdy »

I too use http://WWW.targets.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have the B-27 blue/green/black 24X45 targets for $.31/100 and get cheaper for larger quantities. They also have the B-27 centers for $.10 ea.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sjfcontrol »

howdy wrote:I too use http://WWW.targets.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. They have the B-27 blue/green/black 24X45 targets for $.31/100 and get cheaper for larger quantities. They also have the B-27 centers for $.10 ea.
WOW! 31 cents for 100 targets? That IS an amazing price. :mrgreen:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

switch
Posts in topic: 2

Post by switch »

There are 3 different targets - you have cardboard, paper and paper inserts. IIRC, cardboard is about $1 each and inserts/overlays are about $.10.

I usually buy 100 cardboard and 500 overlays. I do not buy full size paper targets.

switch
Posts in topic: 2

Post by switch »

bizarrenormality wrote:Does anyone else think the B-27 is a step backwards from the TXPT target?

I guess they didn't like us making head shots or something. :grumble
When they switched to the current B-27 target, the RO 'claimed' it was because they had a trooper that went for a headshot - put some holes in the cowboy's hat - but missed the head. :( Personally, I think he just wanted to put his 'stamp' on the CHL program. :)

If I designed the target, the 5 point would be a triangle - nipple to nipple to center of the throat. :)

I think it was an improvement to switch to a 'common' target. The TX PT target was only used by DPS. Probably made targets cheaper.

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

Received my targets today from Lighthouse for the Blind. Ordered on the 27th. Arrived 30th.

They arrived in good shape. One thin binding strap (I assume for their handling) then wrapped securely in plastic and taped. Very good packing that took me longer than I thought it should to get it unwrapped.

I will be a repeat customer. :thumbs2:

Topic author
kg5ie
Posts in topic: 7

Post by kg5ie »

troglodyte wrote:Received my targets today from Lighthouse for the Blind. Ordered on the 27th. Arrived 30th.

They arrived in good shape. One thin binding strap (I assume for their handling) then wrapped securely in plastic and taped. Very good packing that took me longer than I thought it should to get it unwrapped.

I will be a repeat customer. :thumbs2:

I talked to their manager again the last time I stopped by to pick up a few bundles. He said to keep the orders coming. The targets are good quality and even at a slightly higher price, it supports a worthy cause. It is quite humbling to watch these folks work. :tiphat:
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

even at a slightly higher price
Cheaper for me when you add in shipping.

It seems like we have a couple of conversations going on in this thread.

1) Cardboard targets and their source
2) Paper targets and their source

Lighthouse is the cheapest cardboard target I can find including shipping. There may be others out there but I haven't found them. Even so, I'll stick with Lighthouse. Located in Texas and a worthy cause.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”