Email from DPS to instructors

A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
switch
Posts in topic: 6

Email from DPS to instructors

Post by switch »

DPS sent an email to instructors. If you did not get one, they do not have your email address (or it went to your spam folder).

They have venues (means they have scheduled renewal classes) in El Paso and Houston and are working on other locations. You should get an email "in the next week" if you submitted a renewal app. It will indicate if any addition items are needed or if it is complete.

We will be notified via email as to dates, times and locations of renewal classes.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Email from DPS to instructors

Post by sjfcontrol »

Didn't get it. And I re-notified them of my email address a couple of weeks ago.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

USGLOBALASSETS
Posts in topic: 5

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

Do you know if this is for all or just ones that need to renew. Since I just got certified in april. I sent an email to Sherrie yesterday cause I was not sure. But I am sure she is away for the weekend.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

USGLOBALASSETS wrote:Do you know if this is for all or just ones that need to renew. Since I just got certified in april. I sent an email to Sherrie yesterday cause I was not sure. But I am sure she is away for the weekend.
What is the expire date on your Certificate?
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

USGLOBALASSETS

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

Not until 2015. thats why I wanted to now if it was all or just the ones that needed to renew

bwilie

Post by bwilie »

I took the instructor class in June and received the email.
TX CHL Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Instructor Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
NRA Range Safety Officer

Topic author
switch

Post by switch »

I think all instructors should have received the email. It had information/links about the new laws going into effect.

I would NOT expect to get the letter next week about what you need to renew. :)

Everyone might get the letters about the renewal class schedules. If I got my certificate this year, I'd probably attend a renewal class even though I did not need too because there have been so many changes. We need to know how to hand renewals. :(

OTOH, as a new instructor, you don't have any past students so you might not be too worried about renewals.

USGLOBALASSETS

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

After re-reading it states to complete your renewal process so I believe it is just for those who have to renew this year that have to attend the continuing education.

USGLOBALASSETS

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

CHL INSTRUCTOR RENEWAL:

Many of you have submitted the application, paid the $100 renewal fee, submitted a CHL-90 and the required supporting documents. If you have not already submitted these, please do so soon.

Another email will be forthcoming in the next week to everyone who has submitted renewal applications. The email will indicate if any additional items are required or if the application is complete. CHL Instructors will be required to attend a one day renewal class this year in order to complete the renewal process.

This year, we will be conducting classes throughout the State. As of today, we have venues in El Paso and Houston, but plan to add others throughout the State. Those who have completed applications will be notified via email as to the specific dates, times and locations.

We appreciate your patience as we work to implement the changes and to schedule renewal classes.

USGLOBALASSETS

Post by USGLOBALASSETS »

My guess is this is for all the instructors who previously did not have the NRA cert/ LEO cert. They are trying to get them up to date. Will confirm when my email is responded to.

Topic author
switch

Post by switch »

They have no way of knowing who already has NRA certs. We've never reported it before.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

switch wrote:They have no way of knowing who already has NRA certs. We've never reported it before.
Actually, they may. I took the shorter (one day less) class they offered as I was already a certified instructor. They would know who took that class. However, they need to see that your certification is still current and not expired, so they will need verification.

BUT, I don't think they are going to differentiate between those that did and didn't before as I understand all renewing instructors will be required to attend.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

GWE Chally

Post by GWE Chally »

Keith B wrote:
switch wrote:They have no way of knowing who already has NRA certs. We've never reported it before.
Actually, they may. I took the shorter (one day less) class they offered as I was already a certified instructor. They would know who took that class. However, they need to see that your certification is still current and not expired, so they will need verification.

BUT, I don't think they are going to differentiate between those that did and didn't before as I understand all renewing instructors will be required to attend.
Keith, I was in the class with you.

I did NOT receive this email. Did you? Or have you started your renewal yet?

Scott
- Scott
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

GWE Chally wrote: Keith, I was in the class with you.

I did NOT receive this email. Did you? Or have you started your renewal yet?

Scott
Scott,

Yes and Yes
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

extremist

Post by extremist »

I did not receive the email either.

I renewed and sent in NRA certs months ago.

I know they have my correct email address.

I got the email forwarded to me from another instructor friend.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Return to “Instructors' Corner”