1st ticket

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 1st ticket

Post by jimlongley »

.30calSolution wrote:
jimlongley wrote:On GPS, I was traveling all the time a couple of years back, a new rental car every week, sometimes even twice a week, and I used my GPS to check Speedometer accuracy, and they were all over the map, from 7 under to 5 over. None farther than that, but it was NEVER right on.
The new ones are accurate within 1m anywhere it has satellite contact, they also show your lat & longitude. I would expect that they are very accurate as long as you don't quickly accelerate/decelerate. Mine also shows what sat you are connected to and where it's located in the sky above, it's not an expensive model either. Big brother has been using them for many years and our military uses them daily, they land helicopters on dimes in sandstorms. All I know is that GPS proof holds up in court. I will try and dig it up later. I'm hitting the bed for now.
Sorry, I should have made it clear, it was the accuracy of the speedometers I was impugning, not the GPS. I have been using GPS in one form or another since it first became available over 15 years ago, starting with applications that were only available to telecomm companies.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”