Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

texanjoker

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by texanjoker »

WildBill wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Blindref757 wrote:As an elementary school teacher...I can verify that cursive is dead. In preparing students for the future, it is critical that they leave elementary school with strong keyboarding skills. Over 85% of our written communication in the professional realm is done on a keyboard. Cursive was once deemed as critical to a person's future marketability as a productive citizen. Times have changed!

Many proactive LE agencies now require a 35 wpm typing certificate since a large portion of police work is being a mobile secretary.
:nono: They no longer teach typing skills, it is called "keyboarding". :mrgreen:

Only on this forum do people challenge everything one says :nono: ...the recent test I took at Texas Workforce reads "typingmastertest" and not keyboardmastertest :thumbs2:

when you look at an active deputy constable posting, it also talks about typing and not keyboarding but hey what do I know? Oh yeah I was given a cert for typing 70 words per minute.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
TCOLE Certification
Typing test documentation administered by the Texas Workforce Commission or your state's equivalent is required with the on-line application.
Typing Speed: 25 wpm

WildBill
Posts in topic: 53

Post by WildBill »

See Blindref757's comment about "keyboarding".

:mrgreen: Mr. Green has a big grin, meaning that the post is supposed to be humorous.

I am sorry that you didn't take it that way.
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

He overlooked the factual evidence of the smiley (picture) in order to draw his conclusion.

I find it interesting how some on here choose to take comments as an afront even those none was intended. Maybe they take themselves too seriously. I can't figure it out.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

Where can I find a Sig Sauer p226 in either 9mm or .40cal at a discount LE site? GT Distributors is the only site I know of that sells to LE at a discount, any others that yall know about?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spongeworthy »

nightmare69 wrote:Where can I find a Sig Sauer p226 in either 9mm or .40cal at a discount LE site? GT Distributors is the only site I know of that sells to LE at a discount, any others that yall know about?
Any reason you're looking elsewhere? GTDist has served me well and I've never had any issues with them. For LE pricing you'll need credentials just about anywhere that offers discounts.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

spongeworthy wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Where can I find a Sig Sauer p226 in either 9mm or .40cal at a discount LE site? GT Distributors is the only site I know of that sells to LE at a discount, any others that yall know about?
Any reason you're looking elsewhere? GTDist has served me well and I've never had any issues with them. For LE pricing you'll need credentials just about anywhere that offers discounts.
Credentials are not a problem, the problem is GT does not have the Sig I want, that is why I want to find another vender.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

nightmare69 wrote:
spongeworthy wrote:
Credentials are not a problem, the problem is GT does not have the Sig I want, that is why I want to find another vender.
They won't order the one you want?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

FL450
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FL450 »

Buds police supply ( Div of Buds Guns)
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

jmra
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jmra »

texanjoker wrote:
mojo84 wrote:He overlooked the factual evidence of the smiley (picture) in order to draw his conclusion.

I find it interesting how some on here choose to take comments as an afront even those none was intended. Maybe they take themselves too seriously. I can't figure it out.

Post like yours here are why I don't come in here much anymore.
Keep up the good work mojo84. Mission almost accomplished. :smilelol5: "rlol"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

FL450 wrote:Buds police supply ( Div of Buds Guns)
I'll check them out this evening. Any others websites? Academy has the gun I want for $950.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

I know Dury's in San Antonio gives law enforcement discounts. Not sure if they sell online or not. They usually have an excellent selection from which to choose.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I believe this is the sig I want from top gun supply. Anyone ever order through them?

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p ... a-iop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
5/20-Plastic in hand.

KRM45
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KRM45 »

nightmare69 wrote:I believe this is the sig I want from top gun supply. Anyone ever order through them?

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p ... a-iop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, but they list them on the SIG web site, so I imagine they have been vetted to some degree.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I want this one.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p ... y-iop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if I can order it after I graduate?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spongeworthy »

nightmare69 wrote:I want this one.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p ... y-iop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if I can order it after I graduate?
I think you'll need to be hired and sworn in first for LE discounts.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”