Pulled over by Carrollton Constable

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
catsofthebase3
Posts in topic: 2

Pulled over by Carrollton Constable

Post by catsofthebase3 »

Well, I was going a bit faster than I should have been, guess I grabbed his attention. Anyways, I pulled into a gas station to get out of traffic(needed gas, too. what a coincidence!), and he follows me in. Exchange hellos, give him my DL, CHL, and my insurance. I just got back from school, so it wasn't on me (explained that to the officer). He ran my info, came back, and let me off with a verbal warning :grin:. Real nice guy, and I'm glad that lady didn't back in to his cruiser.

Did what I should have done, and everything went smoothly. Couldn't be happier.

BrassMonkey
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BrassMonkey »

Was it a Carrolton Police Officer, Dallas Constable or Denton Constable?
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Topic author
catsofthebase3

Post by catsofthebase3 »

BrassMonkey wrote:Was it a Carrolton Police Officer, Dallas Constable or Denton Constable?
i was in Addison, and the car was a Constable, so he may have been a Dallas constable...

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

Well, good for you... ;-) I didn't know constables did traffic... Maybe he got a warrant hit off your tag?
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txinvestigator »

BrassMonkey wrote:Well, good for you... ;-) I didn't know constables did traffic... Maybe he got a warrant hit off your tag?
Shoot, Gothards' office out of Sunnyvale and Garland has a traffic unit, civil unit and high risk warrant task force that serves warrants with several Fed agencies.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

Never knew that, guess I should not blow by a Constable anymore :-)
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

In Dallas, I see more constables and county Sheriff's deputies handling traffic than and other department.
Charlie

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

I regularly see a Constables car here in Irving pulling people over. The car has Traffic Enforcement on the side.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

We are really grateful we have a good solid, visible Constable force here in our nieghborhood...I've made it a point to get to know them real well, as well as the HPD, and Harris County Sheriff deputies running our area...

We live right on the city limits inside Houston, the county is handled by the Sheriff deputies, and the Constables handle what is best described as an "overlap" of both areas from what I understand...Kinda like a mutual aid support agreement thing...

Regardless, I feel comfortable with the reponse times from all the agencies, because if a call drops in our area, I've heard everyone responds...Get there, figure out who's really got the bubble on the call, and resolve it...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Skipper5

Post by Skipper5 »

Yep...alot of Constables doing traffic ...so stay on top of your game!

GL
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Hoppes

Houston are Precinct 4 Constables

Post by Hoppes »

BrassMonkey wrote:Never knew that, guess I should not blow by a Constable anymore :-)
In Precinct 4 around Spring and Houston north, those constables are constantly stopping people and writing citations for moving violations, etc. They are worse at stopping than most other LEOs around the area.

HOPPES
---
The best test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. - Eric Hoffer
---

The Marshal

Drive from Rockwall to Dallas in the mornings...

Post by The Marshal »

Every morning I make The Commute from Rockwall to Dallas, I see Dallas Constables are the only ones doing the Traffic enforcement.

Rarely do I see the DPS or Garland officers. Never Dallas PD unless they are 'on their way to the office'.

But Dallas Constables are out there every day, morning & night on I30 East.

The best one was when a Constable was following behind me in the I30 HOV lane, and the typical Dallas Impatient Motorist in front of me passed a DART Bus in the HOV lane. The I30 HOV Lane is real unique, in that it is a mobile concrete barrier that is 'moved into place' into a directionally opposing lane. Those that have been in the HOV know that the "curbs" are a length usually measured in yards, when you have them. And since traffic is moving at 50+ between these concrete barriers, this is a completely senseless move...what a moron.

I looked back in the rearview, and the Constable had almost dropped his coffee from his reaction to Moron Boy. :shock:
The next spot that widened for a car to pass in the HOV Lane was taken up by his cruiser, who had Moron Boy pulled over in mere minutes after that.... :lol::

{Edit for HOV explaination}

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

The Houston toll road (HCTRA) is like a police convention. I see state troopers, Harris County Sheriff deputies, City of Houston police, and constables pulling vehicles over.

- Jim

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

There was a piece in the news a few months ago about Dallas constables being used more to keep the police from being tied up with routine traffic stops. I see one on the bridge coming off 30 onto LaPrada almost every morning.

Hoppes

Houston Area LEOs

Post by Hoppes »

seamusTX wrote:The Houston toll road (HCTRA) is like a police convention. I see state troopers, Harris County Sheriff deputies, City of Houston police, and constables pulling vehicles over.

- Jim
I remember the days gone by when I grew up in Tomball. I remember the police chief of many years there. His name was J.C. Bolton. He was always busy. I'll bet he had every woman in town pulled over at some time or another.

Hoppes
---
The best test of freedom is perhaps less in what we are free to do than in what we are free not to do. - Eric Hoffer
---

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”