Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by nightmare69 »

I'm still going to stick around and put in my 2 cents. I never would have thought I would have gotten to this point and been done but it's happened. I really don't feel any different like I thought I would but I'm just glad all the studying and classroom time is over for awhile. Thanks again everyone.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

I have been following, I had nothing to add to the posting. But, :thewave CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! :anamatedbanana
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Congrats man. Now the real learning begins. :)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

garodrig1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by garodrig1 »

Good job man! :txflag:
Now you can hook me up with a job too lol

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

nightmare69 wrote:I will not write a fellow CHL a ticket so none of y'all have anything to worry about.
Cool! Let me know were you are going to be running a speed trap. I have been wanting to see what the top end speed on my car is. :tiphat:

:mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

This would be cool to do..

[youtube][/youtube]
5/20-Plastic in hand.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BigGuy »

Congratulations. Glad to have another good guy officially on the job.
What a difference there is between this thread and one on another forum involving LEO contact. Even though the other thread can be a little depressing, it does seem to point out a potential, or growing rift between Law Enforcement and the gun community. I'll post the link because I think the conversation there is relevant here. The title of the thread doesn't look promising, but may of the responses are.
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php? ... affic-stop
Again. congratulations on your accomplishment. I hope you always get all of the support you need from this community.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Quick question. Can I carry my firearm consealed firearm in a school off duty legally? Reason is I like every now and then to go visit my old co workers at the school I used to work for.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

spongeworthy
Posts in topic: 7

Post by spongeworthy »

nightmare69 wrote:Quick question. Can I carry my firearm consealed firearm in a school off duty legally? Reason is I like every now and then to go visit my old co workers at the school I used to work for.
You're good to go while on duty. While off duty you may carry within the GFSZA area provided you possess a CHL (in Texas), but you won't be able to enter the premises with a concealed weapon.

e: that is my interpretation of both laws and asking an officer friend here
Last edited by spongeworthy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

spongeworthy wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Quick question. Can I carry my firearm consealed firearm in a school off duty legally? Reason is I like every now and then to go visit my old co workers at the school I used to work for.
You're good to go while on duty. While off duty you may carry within the GFSZA area provided you possess a CHL (in Texas), but you won't be able to enter the premises with a concealed weapon.

That surprises me. I thought a cop could carry just about anywhere off duty he/she could on duty.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I know a few cops who carried off duty cause of department policy requiring them to be armed at all times. I was wondering if I could legally do so. Consealed means consealed approach?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

I"m not an attorney, but as I read the penal code, a commissioned law enforcement officer can lawfully carry a handgun in a school on or off duty:

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;

Sec. 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY.

(a) Sections 46.02 and 46.03 do not apply to:

(1) peace officers or special investigators under Article 2.122, Code of Criminal Procedure,
and neither section prohibits a peace officer or special investigator from carrying a weapon in this state, including in an establishment in this state serving the public, regardless of whether the peace officer or special investigator is engaged in the actual discharge of the officer's or investigator's duties while carrying the weapon;
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 21

Post by gigag04 »

Yeah it is federal law that prevents off duty carry in a school. Good luck prosecuting though.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”