Police Academy Adventures

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Police Academy Adventures

Post by The Annoyed Man »

nightmare69 wrote:Only thing Im finding is....
Hybauchery
(Noun) Pronunciation: \hi-ˈ bä -chə-rē,
Law Enforcement Term: performance of an action Illegal in nature. Close cousin of Debauchery. Usually preceded by the indicator “JDLR,” and followed by “Five Copies, Press Hard”
Example:

Two cops break up a fight
Cop 1: “Well, what’s going on here?”
Cop 2: “Looks like a truckload of Hybauchery to me”
Cop 1: “Hook ‘em up. Five copies, Press hard.”
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PBratton
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBratton »

jmra wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Kilgore college is trying to start up a associates degree(60hrs)in criminal justice geared towards cops who work full time. Most if it will be online but you will have to come in for arrest search and seizure and crime scene investigation. The ASS will be taught by the lead prosecuter for Gregg county and Texas ranger out of Palestine(Ronnie something) who teaches crime scene investigation to the Texas rangers will teach that part of the course. I would get 24hrs for going through the academy and would only have to get another 36hrs to get my degree. This is all if the college board approves this Monday evening, I hope they do.
I don't believe you are using the correct abbreviation for an associates degree. At least that's not the 3 letters I would want at the end of my name. :smilelol5:
I've been referred to as worse ...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

PBratton wrote:
jmra wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Kilgore college is trying to start up a associates degree(60hrs)in criminal justice geared towards cops who work full time. Most if it will be online but you will have to come in for arrest search and seizure and crime scene investigation. The ASS will be taught by the lead prosecuter for Gregg county and Texas ranger out of Palestine(Ronnie something) who teaches crime scene investigation to the Texas rangers will teach that part of the course. I would get 24hrs for going through the academy and would only have to get another 36hrs to get my degree. This is all if the college board approves this Monday evening, I hope they do.
I don't believe you are using the correct abbreviation for an associates degree. At least that's not the 3 letters I would want at the end of my name. :smilelol5:
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 193

Post by nightmare69 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
PBratton wrote:
jmra wrote:
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
I meant the abbreviation for arrest, search, and seizure, A/S/S.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

DLBConductor

Post by DLBConductor »

Congratulations on your hard work and achievements. I find it very interesting to follow your journey through the ETSU Police Academy. Keep us posted all the way to the end.

I retired in 2008 after 41 years of teaching music at the university level. After retiring, I became very interested in target shooting, handguns, and self defense. I went through our local Citizen's Police Academy and found it very fascinating, fulfilling, and educational. I now do frequent ride-a-longs with the police. Our CPA Alumni have organized to become a support group for the officers. We assist in the annual barbecue fundraiser, the youth activities, and help man barricades for special events and parades. It is really gratifying to be able to support the fine officers in our department and to help the general public to understand the role of the police and firemen in our city.

Best wishes for your continued success.
[12/10/2011: CHL Class - 100 Written and 240 Range][01/14/2012: Plastic - 31 Days!]
[NRA Life Member][TSRA Life Member][CHL]

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Thanks a lot. Got penal code test Tuesday and its one of the hardest tests so I hope and pray I do well. Been studying hard everyday.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

nightmare69 wrote:Thanks a lot. Got penal code test Tuesday and its one of the hardest tests so I hope and pray I do well. Been studying hard everyday.
Good luck to you. Keep up the hard work. Watching a person put effort into improving their lives is inspirational. :tiphat:

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Raw score on penal code was 93. A few questions I missed along with most of the class due to bad wording we argued and got the instructor to throw them out. A few people failed so after he threw out 4 questions and graded on a curve my final grade was 100.

Also got to meet Mr. Vickers the director of TCOLE in Austin. Was pretty neat getting to meet the man that will hopefully sign my peace officers license.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Excaliber »

nightmare69 wrote:Raw score on penal code was 93. A few questions I missed along with most of the class due to bad wording we argued and got the instructor to throw them out. A few people failed so after he threw out 4 questions and graded on a curve my final grade was 100.

Also got to meet Mr. Vickers the director of TCOLE in Austin. Was pretty neat getting to meet the man that will hopefully sign my peace officers license.
Nice work.

You're on a roll - keep up the good work!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

nightmare69 wrote:Raw score on penal code was 93. A few questions I missed along with most of the class due to bad wording we argued and got the instructor to throw them out. A few people failed so after he threw out 4 questions and graded on a curve my final grade was 100.

Yes, yes. Very nice an all that drivel. ;-)

Now on to the really important stuff: What was the final word on "Malicious Hibauchery"? :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Pawpaw wrote:

Now on to the really important stuff: What was the final word on "Malicious Hibauchery"? :lol:
Thanks guys, IDK about "Malicious Hibauchery" none of us were able to come up with a definition other than the urban dictionary. It was the director of the academy that told us he would give us extra points if we knew what it meant.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 53

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:

Thanks guys, IDK about "Malicious Hibauchery" none of us were able to come up with a definition other than the urban dictionary. It was the director of the academy that told us he would give us extra points if we knew what it meant.
It sounds like your director has a [warped] sense of humor. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 35

Post by mojo84 »

I think he thought the students had too much free time on his hands. :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

nightmare69 wrote:... IDK about "Malicious Hibauchery" ...
I would guess that Hibauchery jokingly refers to Hilarious Debauchery.

Just a guess.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Kind of like fetching 1000 feet of waterline or a bucket of relative bearing grease? Bucket of steam?

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”