SB11 Campus Carry House Floor Debate 5/26/15

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 9

Re: SB11 Campus Carry House Floor Debate 5/26/15

Post by ELB »

Dave2 wrote:I feel like a 115 year-old Amish dude trying to figure out a space ship... What happened? Is finding the TX legislative process to be confusing a sign of early-onset Alzheimer's? Do I need to talk to my doctor?
You've got it backwards. You are a modern dude trying to figure out 150 years of parliamentary procedure. ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

hammer58
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hammer58 »

I respectfully and happily withdraw my suggestion to play Tapps! :hurry:
Member - NRA, TSRA, TFC

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 29

Post by jerry_r60 »

sig-sog wrote:So let's say a student has a class in bldg 1 where carry is allowed. Then let's say their next class is in bldg 2 does not allow carry. Does the student have to go to their car to store the handgun? And then go back to get it for class in bldg 3 where it is again allowed. This is ridiculous.
Sounds like that could happen. It is a step better then where it is now, you have to leave it in your car. Maybe some days you don't have class in the banned building. For a professor or other employees that don't have to go in the banned building, it's a big gain. Doesn't solve everything for everyone but it is a gain.

Kkpsiknl
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Kkpsiknl »

I would still like to know where to find this 25 member rule that was used.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by der Teufel »

ELB wrote:
Dave2 wrote:I feel like a 115 year-old Amish dude trying to figure out a space ship... What happened? Is finding the TX legislative process to be confusing a sign of early-onset Alzheimer's? Do I need to talk to my doctor?
You've got it backwards. You are a modern dude trying to figure out 150 years of parliamentary procedure. ;-)
Whatever . . .

I am confused and bewildered. I think I'll hit the hay and come back in the morning. Hopefully someone with a couple of clues will have offered a summary of what happened, and what might happen next.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 29

Post by jerry_r60 »

And yet another civics lesson this session. It ain't over till it's over.

Winchster
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Winchster »

Well if nothing else, we may at least get the camel's nose under the tent.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

Salty1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Salty1 »

sig-sog wrote:So let's say a student has a class in bldg 1 where carry is allowed. Then let's say their next class is in bldg 2 does not allow carry. Does the student have to go to their car to store the handgun? And then go back to get it for class in bldg 3 where it is again allowed. This is ridiculous.
Sometimes we have to take baby steps to get pro-gun Bills passed and we never get everything we wanted. If we can get the Bill finalized and signed into law then we can work on tweaking it in future sessions. Something typically is better than nothing. If you look back at the CHL Legislation the current laws are very different than the original Bill that was passed....... What we might have is better than it looked at 11:45 pm
Salty1

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

ELB wrote:
Well, I did want to be an aeronautical engineer for a while (come to think of it, does anyone need one? I'm not bad with paper airplanes...)
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

NEB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by NEB »

I still do not understand why being in a hospital or a health-related university somehow makes an otherwise responsible and licensed individual suddenly less responsible. :headscratch I'm happy that we got this much against all odds, but I'm very frustrated since it appears that all of this anxious waiting has been for not when it comes to myself and my job. :banghead:

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

NEB wrote:I still do not understand why being in a hospital or a health-related university somehow makes an otherwise responsible and licensed individual suddenly less responsible. :headscratch I'm happy that we got this much against all odds, but I'm very frustrated since it appears that all of this anxious waiting has been for not when it comes to myself and my job. :banghead:
I hear you 100%, but refer to this post:
Winchster wrote:Well if nothing else, we may at least get the camel's nose under the tent.

Remember, the law in '95 was much more restrictive than it is today.

I'll take baby steps over no steps.
TANSTAAFL

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 71

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

For those curious:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 28

Post by SewTexas »

guys, I have, um, well, I don't know if enjoyed would be the right word to use, but well, I can't think of a better one, so.....I have enjoyed spending this time with you, but I am falling asleep at my keyboard and tomorrow is going to be another long day. So I bid you all a good night.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

NEB wrote:I still do not understand why being in a hospital or a health-related university somehow makes an otherwise responsible and licensed individual suddenly less responsible. :headscratch I'm happy that we got this much against all odds, but I'm very frustrated since it appears that all of this anxious waiting has been for not when it comes to myself and my job. :banghead:
Well, I bet you will still get to carry at work before us folks that work at high schools.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 71

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:For those curious:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stickland is on there, yall... Just sayin.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”