SB11 Campus Carry House Floor Debate 5/26/15

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 14

Re: SB11 Campus Carry House Floor Debate 5/26/15

Post by RoyGBiv »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I spoke too soon about the Zerwas amendment. I can't say more now.

Chas.
Good news. Cryptic, but good. :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

gregsauls
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gregsauls »

ScooterSissy wrote:
jerry_r60 wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
jerry_r60 wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
K5GU wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
K5GU wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:There's no time limits being enforced either. They aren't going to get past amendment 1.
I think a member on the floor has to move a "point of order" to enforce the time limit. If they aren't paying attention or have all gone out to join Stickland for a cheeseburger, they won't be able to declare the point of order.
Some of you folks really don't seem to like Strickland. The "cheeseburger" comment sounds much like the childishness comments that have been going around.
Why?
What comments would you be referring to? I like cheeseburgers too. But I don't act like a child on the Texas House floor.
He just spoke, doing his job. Not out for cheeseburgers.
Surely you can see that there was sarcasm in the cheeseburger comment. You seem to be reacting to it as a literal statement.
Oh, absolutely. I recognized it as exactly what it was. That's why I brought up the "childish" reference. The comment really had nothing to do with this bill, and was just another ill placed slap. I would hope most folks are above that.
I don't much care for Strickland, but he wasn't out hunting cheeseburgers, and the comment wouldn't be allowed against a forum member, so why would it be made against him?

Is it open season here on those that are simply not liked?
That at least makes clear what you were after. I'll not defend or attack the sarcasm, I'm not interested in that at this point. I did answer your question about why some of us are not fans of Stickland.
My question wasn't about Strickland, it was about the cheesburger comment. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Some would actually prefer that Strickland take up flipping cheeseburgers and drop attempting to legislate. :biggrinjester:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 71

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

OK guyes, lets let up on the Stickland bashing, we don't want to exacerbate the situation, no?
Last edited by TexasJohnBoy on Tue May 26, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

cprems
Posts in topic: 12

Post by cprems »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I spoke too soon about the Zerwas amendment. I can't say more now.

Chas.
Mr. Cotton, I really appreciate your updates and all the hard work but unless these amendments stop before midnight and there is a vote, this is just dressing.

They're going to run out the clock.
04/01/2013 - Online application
06/22/2013 - Plastic in hand
75 days - mailbox to mailbox
03/17 - renewal - 42 days plastic in hand

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ScooterSissy wrote:
K5GU wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:There's no time limits being enforced either. They aren't going to get past amendment 1.
I think a member on the floor has to move a "point of order" to enforce the time limit. If they aren't paying attention or have all gone out to join Stickland for a cheeseburger, they won't be able to declare the point of order.
Some of you folks really don't seem to like Strickland. The "cheeseburger" comment sounds much like the childishness comments that have been going around.
Why?
Don't do this again. Stickland isn't a Forum Member, but the people you are insulting are and it won't be tolerated.

Chas.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 71

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Don't do this again. Stickland isn't a Forum Member, but the people you are insulting are and it won't be tolerated.

Chas.
:iagree:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

cprems wrote:

Chas.
Mr. Cotton, I really appreciate your updates and all the hard work but unless these amendments stop before midnight and there is a vote, this is just dressing.

Yep, that's what is going to happen.

Chas.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TXBO »

RoyGBiv wrote:

Chas.
Good news. Cryptic, but good. :mrgreen:
Last edited by TXBO on Tue May 26, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

What kind of this stupid questions this rep is asking. He repeats he got it and still continue with his stupid line.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 29

Post by jerry_r60 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
cprems wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
We all know it, yet I just can't stop watching, I guess in hopes of the improbable...I must be a masochist.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Now what?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Aggie_engr »

More POO unfortunately.....

stealthcrf

Post by stealthcrf »

Now M.F. wants to cry about language in the bill analysis. It shouldn't have any bearing if you can read the bill and vote on it.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 28

Post by SewTexas »

Beiruty wrote:What kind of this stupid questions this rep is asking. He repeats he got it and still continue with his stupid line.
he's going somewhere, but I'm not really sure where at this point. he sort of ended that whole thing with a "gotcha" tone....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Ruark
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Ruark »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
cprems wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
So you're saying that if there are, say, 110 amendments, and at midnight they're only at amendment 37, SB11 dies right then and there....?
-Ruark

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”