SB11 & HB910 This week....

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CJD
Posts in topic: 26

Re: SB11 & HB910 This week....

Post by CJD »

HB910 Senate Amendments Analysis distributed.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 31

Post by TXBO »

CJD wrote:HB910 Senate Amendments Analysis distributed.
Does that now make it eligible for consideration or does it have to be distributed for a period of time?
Is there somewhere that we can read the analysis?

CJD

Post by CJD »

TXBO wrote:
Does that now make it eligible for consideration or does it have to be distributed for a period of time?
I think someone alluded to a 24 hour period, and it being on a calendar. And not that I know of.

EDIT: I lied, you can view it here:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

CJD wrote:
TXBO wrote:
I think someone alluded to a 24 hour period, and it being on a calendar. And not that I know of.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... Bill=HB910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My understanding is that it should show up on the "Items to be Considered" Calendar when it is eligible. It's not there for today.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

CJD wrote:
TXBO wrote:

Thanks a million.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

CJD wrote:
TXBO wrote:

Wow, MRS. Tripp called it "significantly similar". I'd call it remarkably similar. What a shame it wasn't identical language.

harrycallahan
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by harrycallahan »

Not to bust any bubbles, but if he has a recognized out of state permit, he could. Right?[/quote]
If he does, then yes he can carry. However, he expressly stated on a Guns Over Texas radio program that if licensed open-carry passes, he will have to continue to carry a rifle since he won't be able to carry a handgun. He made that statement as a call-in listener when I was a guest on the show.

Chas.[/quote]

I've seen pictures of him at events and he appears to be concealing a firearm like item on his left hip.

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rp_photo »

Will Open Carry loosen the requirements to keep weapons out of sight inside vehicles?
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

louisf1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by louisf1 »

rp_photo wrote:Will Open Carry loosen the requirements to keep weapons out of sight inside vehicles?
It will if you have a CHL. Otherwise there will be no change in the MPA.

CJD

Post by CJD »

rp_photo wrote:Will Open Carry loosen the requirements to keep weapons out of sight inside vehicles?
And it also must be in a belt or shoulder holster.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Vol Texan »

louisf1 wrote:
It will if you have a CHL. Otherwise there will be no change in the MPA.
It will allow the weapon to be in sight in a shoulder or belt holster of a CHL holder, but not loose on the seat, tucked in the seat, attached to a holster on the steering column, etc. .
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 48

Post by NotRPB »

Layman's Opinion >> If you have a CHL, and gun is in a shoulder or belt holster a licensee should be able to open carry in their car as well as outside their car I'd imagine (That's why I'd prefer "in a holster" for a holster fastened to the steering column/transmission hump...instead of Belt or Shoulder holster ... but that's what the 86th session may be for?)

More reasons for "In a holster" = ankle holster/Swimsuit top bra holster on the way home from the beach/lake while in as bathing suit?...So I guess the in a bathing suit top bra holster, ankle holster and the like,[while in a bathing suit, wetsuit surfing at the beach or stand-up paddle-boarding on Lake Austin or kayaking may not qualify either/// I'm no lawyer. just conjecturing

I assume a "garter belt" holster is a "belt" holster, but only slightly smaller is ankle holster...My ankle holster is big enough I can wear it as a garter belt holster while kayaking ... of course I'm just being silly, having fun because no one will pull me over in the middle of a lake anyway :anamatedbanana

Why I carry while in the water

Image from Fellow Texas Kayak Fisherman athttp://lifeonthebrazosriver.com/RattleSnakeBaitsBass.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By the way, Charles, thank you for your work in previous sessions with getting watercraft added with vehicular carry :thumbs2:

CJD

Post by CJD »

HB910 now on the "Items Eligible for Consideration" calendar for May 26 2:40 pm.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 63

Post by mojo84 »

Has Sen. Huffman made any public statements about her reasoning or justification for her amendment increasing the charge of not having the chl with you to a felony? Was her intent to make it a felony if someone just forgot their valid CHL at home or was she targeting those that may try to open carry without having applied and received a CHL?

I think there is an important distinction there.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

CJD

Post by CJD »

mojo84 wrote:Has Sen. Huffman made any public statements about her reasoning or justification for her amendment increasing the charge of not having the chl with you to a felony? Was her intent to make it a felony if someone just forgot their valid CHL at home or was she targeting those that may try to open carry without having applied and received a CHL?

I think there is an important distinction there.
The latter.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”