For the Big Man

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Duckdaddy
Posts in topic: 1

For the Big Man

Post by Duckdaddy »

Ok, new CHL holder. (Plastic should arive today. I have a Kel-Tec pf9. I am also a big guy. working on that. Anyone have suggestions on what type of holster works best for them?

Texsquatch

Re: For the Big Man

Post by Texsquatch »

OWB is typically considered more comfortable to wear, but I prefer IWB. For my waistline concerns I found that position is more important. Some holsters feel better at 3 o'clockish and some work better further back. Check YouTube, there's lots of guys giving demos. Most importantly, just keep trying until you find what works for you. Good luck.

Cshuff21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cshuff21 »

Take a look at Alien Gear Holsters. I have a IWB and a lefty so I wear it at about 7 o'clock and I have had no issues. Very comfortable even when driving.
"Suns up...Guns Up" Texas Tech!

Texascrewser

Post by Texascrewser »

I have D.M. Bullard Dual Carry for both 1911 FS and 1911 Officer.
6'2' and was 260lbs. 6mths. ago now 220 lbs.

Cshuff21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cshuff21 »

oh and I carry a Beretta PX4 storm full size so it's not small piece. :tiphat:
"Suns up...Guns Up" Texas Tech!

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

Bigger guy here as well. I carry both IWB and OWB. I found that OWB is most comfortable for me with bigger weapons (sig p250c and ruger p95). I do have an alien gear with shells for both of those for IWB carry and it works great. When I want to dress up, I wear my SCCY cpx2 iwb in a shepard leather. Never an issue.

Best part about us big guys carrying....lumps look semi normal! :???:
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I'm 6' tall and weigh around 280 lbs. Is that big enough for you?

When I carry IWB, it's almost always a 1911 in a Kholster located at about the 4:00 position. This is the most comfortable combination I have found.

:tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Don't forget the option of pocket carry. With roomy pockets and a good pocket holster it's the way to go with small guns IMHO. I pocket carry a Taurus snubnose revolver in a Mica's pocket holster always as a primary or BUG. I have pocket carried a full size M&P 40 one time to show someone it could be done. The secret to comfortable carry is not the holster or, the gun, It's having a good belt, and loose fitting clothes. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:I'm 6' tall and weigh around 280 lbs. Is that big enough for you?

When I carry IWB, it's almost always a 1911 in a Kholster located at about the 4:00 position. This is the most comfortable combination I have found.

I'm shorter and heavier than Pawpaw, but much better looking than his mugly ug. However, he has been beating me like a rented mule at skeet the last couple of times out. Be that as it may, I wear OWB 98% of the time, and pocket carry the other 2% of the time.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:I'm 6' tall and weigh around 280 lbs. Is that big enough for you?

I'm shorter and heavier than Pawpaw, but much better looking than his mugly ug. However, he has been beating me like a rented mule at skeet the last couple of times out. Be that as it may, I wear OWB 98% of the time, and pocket carry the other 2% of the time.
Me too....and I ain't no midget.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am larger than anyone above. Alessi CQC-S for OWB. Crossbreed for IWB. I carry a Glock 30-S most of the time. When I carry my Shield I carry it IWB in an Infidel made by Comp Tac. For inside the pocket I use DM Bullard. I do not pocket carry much.

bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

Im 6'3 and about 350. 95% of the time I carry OWB a Glock 32/TLR-1 in a custom kydex holster. The other 5% is pocket carry of a Taurus 651 CIA .357. I use the 5.11 instructor belt and it works very well.

The kydex holster was made by north texas custom kydex, it is very well made and super comfortable.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”