Springfield XD 9mm-SC & Pearce Grip Extender

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Marshal
Posts in topic: 1

Springfield XD 9mm-SC & Pearce Grip Extender

Post by The Marshal »

If you have had the chance to palm a Springfield XD9 Subcompact, the first thing you notice is that your pinkie finger is off in space. Now, I adjusted my grip and am able to get my whole hand around it, but it is not comfortable to do that.

Friends that were handed the gun disliked the 10rnd magazine with the missing pinkie, but were pleased with the 16rnd magazine that has the grip extension which makes the 9mm-SC completely solid for the full hand. But I didn't like the extra inch of handle. (remember, we want 'small' here!)

I picked up a Pearce Grip Extension, a mag floorplate replacement that adds a schosh over a 1/4" lip to the forward grip.
Fantastic! This little $10 accessory made a *huge* difference.
I handed the pistol to the Spousal Unit, and she who has no interest in guns (except the cash outflow) said "Wow, that a really comfortable grip!"

I then scampered off to try my dry-firing exercises, and found that I had *improved* trigger and sight control.

The plastic material is very solid and quality formed, matches the grip perfectly, and took 1 minute to install without tools.

Highly recommended for the SubCompact XD.

~Bill

nitrogen

Re: Springfield XD 9mm-SC & Pearce Grip Extender

Post by nitrogen »

I'll second this.

Now, i've been told that the extension can cause the mag floorplate to bust if you catch it wrong, but carrying my XD, I've yet to have it happen.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

cgxd9sc

I Love Mine

Post by cgxd9sc »

I got mine at http://www.tradingpostsupply.com for $6.45 each and tested them yesterday. They are great.
Semper Paratus
MCPO USCG (ret)

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

I recently purchased an XD40SC and I like it. When using the short magazine, I was shooting low until I adjusted my grip so the little finger is tucked under the magazine floor plate. The Pearce grip sounds like just the right thing.
Gun control = hitting where you aim

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I then scampered off
Really? Actually scampering? :lol: I'm just giving you a hard time. Scampered isn't a word I hear very often.

I agree that the pearce pinky extensions are a must have accessory for any stubby gripped semi auto when you have big paws.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”