Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
HT
Posts in topic: 3

5Shot "Uncle Lou" IWB holster

Post by HT »

Just got it in this afternoon.

5Shot Leather definitely has potential. He (John) is just doing holster making part time. I've seen Alessi, Sparks, Rosen, etc.. This holster/his work is right there with them. I'm highly impressed.
The cool part is that his turnaround time was 2 weeks!! Try that with the other guys. I think Alessi's turnaround is greater than 12 weeks now. I'm all about supporting the little guys.

I ordered what is called "Uncle Lou" in tribute to Lou Alessi's work. It's almost a cross between an Alessi CQC/S and a Milt Sparks Versa Max II or a CQC/S that was converted into an IWB holster.
It is definitely comfortable. I'm not a slim guy myself. Comfort is everything!

Here are the pictures.

Sorry about the quality. I had to reflect off of my bathroom mirror..

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

good looking leather/ How about sharing the web site. :lol:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

JLaw

Post by JLaw »

Looks like a Rock Island, am I correct? That's some nice leather to go with that 1911!

JLaw

Topic author
HT

Post by HT »

Unfortunately John doesn't have a website yet. You can contact him through the 1911forum.com boards. His screen name is "5Shot".

Why yes it is a Rock Island. It's my backup gun. My EDC is at Caylor Custom getting some work done. :cool: I should be getting it back any day now.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

HT wrote: My EDC is at Caylor Custom getting some work done. :cool: I should be getting it back any day now.
Mike does great work.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
HT

Post by HT »

jimlongley wrote:
HT wrote: My EDC is at Caylor Custom getting some work done. :cool: I should be getting it back any day now.
Mike does great work.
Yes he does. I sent it back for some additional things. Before Mike got his hands on the gun, I never knew what a creep free and crisp trigger felt like.

progun47

Post by progun47 »

John does have a web site here's the link http://www.5shotleather.com/
I just ordered a complete rig from him. He is going to make a Uncle lou holster that is tuckable, with a mag pouch which will also be tuckable, these are not something he normally does, but he's a great guy to work with on your needs. When the rig arrives I'll post some pics to let everyone see another example of his work. He said his lead time now is 4-5 weeks, which is so much better that the other guys.
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”