Crossbreed - Delivery Time?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

steve817
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Crossbreed - Delivery Time?

Post by steve817 »

Right at 5 weeks and waiting on my second one. The first came within three weeks. Not a problem though, the wait is worth it.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

JacksBack

Post by JacksBack »

I ordered 2 horsehide super tucks, the came between week 5 and 6 last saturday.

steve817

Post by steve817 »

Guess I should have posted sooner, I got home, checked the mail and there she was. I got the combat cut this time. I put it on immediately with my new PX4. Compared to my PT92, I can't even tell I have it on.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 4

Post by timdsmith72 »

Skaven wrote:
timdsmith72 wrote:
HotLeadSolutions wrote:I guess I just got real lucky. I ordered 3 holsters (Glock 23, 1911 and M&P) and received my order in 6 days. I ordered over the phone, and spoke directly with the owner. He was a great guy to do business with.
I highly recommend the holster, they are so comfortable, I just had to reach back and make sure I still had mine on. :thumbs2:
:thumbs2:
I spoke directly with the owner as well when I placed my order. Kent, I believe his name was. When I placed my order, they were saying the wait time was 3 to 4 weeks. Now it's 4 to 6 weeks. I would just like to find out which my order falls under. Heh.

His name is Trent, and he is a really good guy. They are running between 5 and 6 weeks. Trust me it is worth the wait. Plus the guy is one of those owners that really and I mean really wants you to be happy with your purchase.
Trent! That's it. Thank you! Can't wait for mine to get here. Should be either this week or next. :thumbs2:

timdsmith72
Posts in topic: 4

Post by timdsmith72 »

Well, my holster arrived today. And man was it worth the wait. I couldn't be happier with this thing!! Took a few tries to get the cant and all that adjusted correctly, but once I did, WOW! It is comfortable, that is for sure. Couple that with the fact that my carry weapon up until now has been a Sig P226, and this holster is for my 1911 with an Officer sized grip and a 4.2 in barrel and I could almost forget I have it on. Very pleased. Great product.

Shockvalue
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shockvalue »

Belts come a little faster. I got 2 belts in a little over 2 weeks.

texanron

Post by texanron »

I ordered my first Crossbreed this past Monday 4/18/2011. The wait begins........ :totap:
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

texanron wrote:I ordered my first Crossbreed this past Monday 4/18/2011. The wait begins........
I ordered my only Crossbreed the day after I sent off my DPS paperwork for my CHL.
The CHL arrived about a week before the holster (so about 40 days for the holster)
Good luck!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

Ordered mine on May 6th and just received it today in the mail. June 18. So, 5-6 weeks. Seems great and of course high quality. It will take a little time to mold to my love handles but the first thing I noticed is that the weight of the gun is gone. The fact that the weight is distributed across the large piece of leather backing makes you think it is not there. Awesome so far!

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

I just ordered a new holster on June 21st , the guy told me expect 4-6 weeks . Just gonna wait and see how long it takes. In no rush myself , ordered a snapslide owb in horesehide with the sweatguard since I'm in the heat most days. Want to make sure I protect my daily carry . ;-)
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

paulhailes

Post by paulhailes »

I got mine in about 4 and a half weeks. I ordered it at the end of April and got it in May.

2up1down

Post by 2up1down »

A friend of mine "ordered" his Hybred holster last Sunday,
and we had it built for under $15 in materials, in about 2 hours.
(no cost to him, he's my buddy and I have plenty of leather and kydex)
We over-sized the 9oz cow hide so he could cut it down as he was a first time IWB wearer
and the clips adjust vertically or just come off for OWB belt carry.

Not the fanciest holster I've made, but we had shooting to do and not a lot of time.

I have the utmost respect for the Cross breed holster,
and THE MANY Commercial Knock offs that are out there,
but I'm not very patient and it is not difficult to make your own.

Just suggesting one might create their own "smoke wagon" holder.
Become a Student of the Law we live under and proficient in the protection of yourself: so you may protect your Family, State and way of Live. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic. If engagement is forced, Stop when the threat is gone.

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

2up1down wrote:A friend of mine "ordered" his Hybred holster last Sunday,
and we had it built for under $15 in materials, in about 2 hours.
(no cost to him, he's my buddy and I have plenty of leather and kydex)
We over-sized the 9oz cow hide so he could cut it down as he was a first time IWB wearer
and the clips adjust vertically or just come off for OWB belt carry.

Not the fanciest holster I've made, but we had shooting to do and not a lot of time.

I have the utmost respect for the Cross breed holster,
and THE MANY Commercial Knock offs that are out there,
but I'm not very patient and it is not difficult to make your own.

Just suggesting one might create their own "smoke wagon" holder.
Where do you get your belt clips from? I've thought about attempting this myself also.

Brian

2up1down

Post by 2up1down »

brian,
You can get everything you need from the following:

Kydex http://www.texasknife.com/vcom/index.ph ... bc5b632971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leather/Hardware/Clips Local Tandy leather shop or my favorite
http://springfieldleather.com/product/2 ... -%26-Wide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look for the Tutorial Here/ and kits if you want to spend more per holster
http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/?cat=68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many are making their own and you can find a ton of how to's out there, look around
and pick what you like best. Theses links are a simple starting point, and no
I am not interested in posting a tutorial,, too many have already,
but good luck and MAKE IT YOUR OWN!

Never liked cookie cutter items, most people have to adjust their
"store bought" holsters anyway.
Become a Student of the Law we live under and proficient in the protection of yourself: so you may protect your Family, State and way of Live. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic. If engagement is forced, Stop when the threat is gone.

smtimelevi

Post by smtimelevi »

I got my crossbreed super tuck with the horse hide option and the dual mag pouch. Delivery time was a few days shy of 6 weeks. I love the supertuck for my kimber custom full size. Its extremely comfortable. The mag carrier i didnt like so much but they kept their word and bought it back. The customer service was amazing. Very fast and reliable.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”